Alternate Sugars

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SagamoreAle

Reaction score
I have been making my country fruit wines using either honey or cane sugar as a supplementary source of fermentable sugars.

Has anybody had any luck with other sugars? I feel like I'm in a rut and would like to try something else.

I have been making my country fruit wines using either honey or cane sugar as a supplementary source of fermentable sugars.

Has anybody had any luck with other sugars? I feel like I'm in a rut and would like to try something else.

Corn sugar? Or you could try Maltodextrin to make a wine with more body (Graff).

If your rut can be cured just by trying a different sugar you must not be in a very deep rut:) You got agave to try. HOw about Extra light dried malt extract? Have you tried elderberries yet?Have you tried to make 100% fruit juice country wines yet, that can make your rut much deeper trying them! WVMJ

Back