Can you clone the Estrella Damn Inedit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terrenum

Reaction score
Hi!

I am recent to the wonderful world of all grain homebrewing. I've been making wine in France for few years now so I am at ease with fermenting process and so on however I am learning a lot about beer brewing ingredients and recipe.

As I know there are lots of experts here, I was wondering if anyone has tried to clone the Estrella Damn Inedit beer developed by Chef Ferran Adria and his team from top restaurant ElBulli. They promote it as a unique beer perfect for food pairing, which is true but this beer is nothing less than a wheat beer to me. I was impressed by the mouthfeel however. I suspect some barrel aging...

What do you guys think? Have you brewed some beers before that turned out in this style? any hints on grain bill, yeast? etc.

Thanks for your help!

Bonjour,

This beer is described by Damm as a blend, to the nose it's a witbier and to the palate it's a lager (with light but expressive hops expression) or a hoppy blond ale. I don't have the knowledge to figure out a clone. Could it be brewed as a witbier than lagered with some dry hopping?

It's a good beer that pairs well with food. Yet, It leaves me a bit confused with the separate perception of nose and mouthfeel.

http://www.estrelladamminedit.com/

I don't believe I've noted barrel aging on this one. Must be very very subtle.

Bonjour,

This beer is described by Damm as a blend, to the nose it's a witbier and to the palate it's a lager (with light but expressive hops expression) or a hoppy blond ale. I don't have the knowledge to figure out a clone. Could it be brewed as a witbier than lagered with some dry hopping?

It's a good beer that pairs well with food. Yet, It leaves me a bit confused with the separate perception of nose and mouthfeel.

http://www.estrelladamminedit.com/

I don't believe I've noted barrel aging on this one. Must be very very subtle.

May be neutral barrel. I would think it is a blend of lager and wit. Or brewed as a wit with lager yeast.... Or a lager with oat....so many options don't know where to start! There is a definitely licorice as a spice

Back