My Mini-Brutus build....questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrecked

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have started gathering the materials for my brutus and I had a few questions.

1. Will 1-1/4 x 1-1/4 x 1/8 steel tubing be sufficient?

I am building this brutus for 5gal batches, so I won't be working with the weight of 10gal batches.

2. What is the difference between high pressure and low pressure NG burners?

I have NG plumbed to my grille and I am planning on plumbing the brutus for NG as well. The NG plumbed to the grille is probably less than 15psi, closer to 10psi if I had to guess.

3. Does anyone have a list of Love controllers, solenoid valves and pilot light valves, ect., that I might use for this build?

I am a techno head, so I gotta have some electronic gizmos on my stand:)

That is all for now:)

Be gentle with me:mug:

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll shoot you a very large work book filled with components and sourcing info.

1. That is still crazy overkill. You could use 1/2" square for your stand and still be over the top on strength. The brewstands people build could literally hold up their house. It looks nice, but is a bit silly as far as practicality goes.

2. You have low pressure NG.

3. I have a lot of info in the workbook. Also, searching about HBT will turn up a large number of threads that will be helpful to you.

Back