OMG what a difference

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houndhome1

Reaction score
I just tapped a keg from my second try at Ag. It's an IPA from northernbrewer. The taste is awsome. What a difference from the kits and partials. The flavor is more intense. I try to let the kegs sit for three weeks at room temp then two weeks in the refig before tapping.

I doing my third AG right now. It's a simple english ale from Northen brewer. I wanted something mellow to bring to a party in July.

If anyone is not sure about AG, one taste and you will never want to go back!

I do think it tastes better than extract kits. Then again I've had an extract porter that I thought was AG...it was so good.

I think AG is easier to get better beer if you do things right. Extract may be an easier brew process, but I think partial boils and teh way some of that extract is made can really detract from the finished product.

Plus i'm a control freak so I like the fine control I have over AG vs stirring DME into a pot.

I do think it tastes better than extract kits. Then again I've had an extract porter that I thought was AG...it was so good.

I think AG is easier to get better beer if you do things right. Extract may be an easier brew process, but I think partial boils and teh way some of that extract is made can really detract from the finished product.

Plus i'm a control freak so I like the fine control I have over AG vs stirring DME into a pot.

Good job. I just started AG as well. I've done 3 batches in the last 3 weeks.

1 lager and 2 ales. Although none are ready to keg yet the hydrometer samples tase great on all three.

Latest posts

Back