Hello all from Phoenix, AZ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTGraese

Reaction score
Hello all,
My name is Jay and I am out in the desert of Arizona. I have been reading from this forum for a while and thought I would join the fun. I must say that there is a lifetime of information on here that gets bigger and better each day, and I am now grateful to be a part of it. I am not new to homebrewing as my uncle got me involved in it about 5 years ago, so I have about 20 some batches under my belt. I have started out with mostly extract and moved into partial mash as of now. I have everything I need for all grain except a propane burner, which I have been reading reviews about in here. I am in the tuff place of having nothing in the way of homebrew to drink now, but a fridge full of microbrews will have to suffice. Currently I have a Rogue Dead Guy Ale clone - ready for secondary, maple brown ale - 1 week in primary, a doupple bock- 1 day in primary, and a fat tire on deck. All of them partial mash. One of my next projects is a keezer, as I have a 4 tap kegging kit coming from Keg Connections.

By day I am an I.T. Engineer helping support my company's Linux infrastructure and enjoy it even as stressful as it is. Brewing for me is a chance to relax and unwind from a stressful work week and have a good time with some friends. Some of my other hobbies include saltwater aquariums, cigar & pipes, electronic fabrication, computers, gardening, and VW Baja Bugs. I would have to say I am a Jack of all trades, master of none in my hobbies, but I enjoy all of them. As for homebrewing, as with any hobby, it is all about the personal interest and having fun. I myself am a very humble person and enjoy what I have and do not envy what I don't, but man do I drool when I see a shinny RIMS or Brutus 10, HAHA!.

Welcome from Maricopa! Maybe I will see you around during AZ beer week! ASH is having its homebrew double red tasting on Tuesday eve, try to stop by if you weren't already planning on it.

Back