Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh. Assuming the series goes that far, do the Brewers put Marcum out there again? I don't think they should. He has been bad for a month now. I say give Narveson the ball if it gets that far.

Ugh. Assuming the series goes that far, do the Brewers put Marcum out there again? I don't think they should. He has been bad for a month now. I say give Narveson the ball if it gets that far.

I'm sure Albert would love if you ran Marcum back out there!

Can't wait for the 3 in STL!

And to the above, weeks was def safe.

The only way I would start any pitcher twice in a playoff series would be if he was in the top of his game. If the red birds already have Marcus's number it would be suicidal to run him out again.

Fortunately we won't need game 5

I'm somewhat of a bandwagoner Brewers fan; watching towards the end of the season when (if) it counts, but Marcum seems to blow. So they really have the Gallardo and Greinke show then it drops off severely?

This year is the most Marcum has ever thrown.. I think he's just tired. He had a great year, just a bad last month and post season so far.

How do you figure there won't be a game 5? Already played two and its tied so next one to win 3 takes it meaning minimum games to play would be 5 right now..

This year is the most Marcum has ever thrown.. I think he's just tired. He had a great year, just a bad last month and post season so far.

Agreed. That is why I don't think they should run him out there again. Hell, Wolfie and Grienke aren't exectly lights-out lately, either. Yuck.

I did tell you about Fister, Now let me tell you my pendulum theory on Tiger hitting. All year long they have had these huge swings in hitting. They go from not hitting as a team to everyone hitting. The pendulum last 10 games. The Tigers stopped hitting the last 3 games of the regular season and are now primed to go the next 10 games of the post season. I think we are peaking at the right time.

I did tell you about Fister, Now let me tell you my pendulum theory on Tiger hitting. All year long they have had these huge swings in hitting. They go from not hitting as a team to everyone hitting. The pendulum last 10 games. The Tigers stopped hitting the last 3 games of the regular season and are now primed to go the next 10 games of the post season. I think we are peaking at the right time.

What's your prediction on Porcello pitching tomorrow?

He's out of the game before the end of the third inning and we have to scramble to win. Final score 8-7 Detroit

That's amazing! I was thinking very much the same thing.

I think the Rangers will be squeezing the bats too hard attempting to come back today. Might be a good thing for Detroit.

Hoping the boys can stay healthy enough to swing the bats, though. Had a couple of scares last night.

Harrison's on the mound tonight. He could be out in less than 3 innings too, though. Or he could throw a perfect game. You just never know with him. Having an insanely deep bullpen is awesome! At least most of them have a day rest now. I still say Rangers in 5 games.

Jeez, Hart used to be the fastest guy on the Brewers, now chasing that fly ball he looked like he was pulling a tractor. Grrrr.

i. hate. st. louis.

hm, please continue with the normal pause sequence after the "st", as the period is not for abbreviation but for dramatic effect. st..? saint.? affect? no clue.

He did hit a HR?

He hit a solo shot. Big deal. He also killed what quite likely would have been a big inning with idiotic baserunning and extended the Cards' big inning with horrible defense. anybody but him would have caught that ball standing up. This game was over the minute his name went into the lineup.

He hit a solo shot. Big deal. He also killed what quite likely would have been a big inning with idiotic baserunning and extended the Cards' big inning with horrible defense. anybody but him would have caught that ball standing up. This game was over the minute his name went into the lineup.

IDK, Morgan had a couple bad reads on balls too.

Remember I'm a cards fan, keep running him out there! :mug:

IDK, Morgan had a couple bad reads on balls too.

Remember I'm a cards fan, keep running him out there! :mug:

:p PPPPPHHHHHBBBBBLLLLLLTTTT!! :p

I said during the regular season that the last team I wanted to see in the playoff was the Cardinals. They are like the Packers last year in football-super hot at the right time. I don't think the Crew will catch them, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them win it all. Gonna be a tough pill to swallow. Damn.:(

:p PPPPPHHHHHBBBBBLLLLLLTTTT!! :p

I said during the regular season that the last team I wanted to see in the playoff was the Cardinals. They are like the Packers last year in football-super hot at the right time. I don't think the Crew will catch them, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them win it all. Gonna be a tough pill to swallow. Damn.:(

Whats funny is I was thinking before this series that I wanted to see AZ instead of you all. Not sure we can do it all, TX looking pretty tough, but we gotta get through this series first. Not sure why I used "we", I didn't do anything but watch the games! :cross:

If the Brewers can win tonight, it will be a different series. Guarantees them at least home field advantage and brings it down to a best of 3 series.

Latest posts

Back