Help me open this keg!! "a" system euro

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arin

Reaction score
I have been trying for days to remove the stem and seal on this damn thing. It is kind of like a "S" system but has a wide flat lip on the top. I have the thing unscrewed but can't find the safety catch to save my life.

Anyone ever dealt with one of these?

Hi I just removed one just like it, it takes a medium flat head(maybe 3/8" wide) and a hammer. I removed the ball valve by prying out the rubber seal. then used a flash light to find the catch. Then used the screw driver and hammer pop it. I referred to this link.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/ho...ded-keg-valve-not-retained-spiral-ring-76393/

it's a pain but doable! good luck!! oh ignore the part about a special tool...

Holy Crap! the one that I have does not have a catch. I was looking for something that didn't exist. The problem with mine was the bottom of the large diameter piece that hold the dip tube had a bent flange that was catching the lip of the keg by probably 1/32". I got all ready to rip it out with a mother of a prybar and it pretty much slipped out with slight aggressive force (I think it got intimidated when it saw me with the prybar and gave up ;-) )

Back