Hey from Northampton, MA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOPCousin

Reaction score
Went looking for information about curing Hops and found the forum so I thought I would join. Recently brewed my very first batch of porter and added Unsweetened Cocoa and French roast coffee to it. It ended up coming out great and I think I'm hooked... planning to add some vanilla bean next time.
I have some buddies who I have been going to tastings with and who keep up on whats going on. Have been very lucky to have lots of great beer bars and breweries nearby. Planning on putting about 5 different varieties of HOPS into the ground this spring.
That a bit about me. :fro:

Nice, thank you all for the warm greetings. I'm planning on growing some Cascade, Warrior, Amarillo, and possibly Chinook or Centennial. I have a lot of sun in the font yard and I'm thinking about tearing up the lawn and starting a Hop farm I haven't told my wife yet though so don't give me away lol... ;)

I have to figure out how to cover the right spectrum of taste an aroma needs. I like Warrior in my dark beers and Cascade, Centenial, and Amarillo in my Hoppy beers. I may need some ideas for more subtle flavoring or aroma.

Nice, thank you all for the warm greetings. I'm planning on growing some Cascade, Warrior, Amarillo, and possibly Chinook or Centennial. I have a lot of sun in the font yard and I'm thinking about tearing up the lawn and starting a Hop farm I haven't told my wife yet though so don't give me away lol... ;)

I don't think you can get Amarillo, it's a proprietary strain. My Cascades grow like a mo'fo without even having full sun.

Welcome from Eastern MA. I have Cascade and Cent growing in partial sun (only place in my yard to grow) and last year (2nd year plants) I was fighting to keep them from taking over the entire garden. I also have Fuggle but have been less than impressed with its progress.

Good luck.

-Will

Nice airbalancer, I used the excuse that if we put up a trellis across the front yard a few feet from the road and let the Hops grow that it would be more private and create a whole new area or hanging out. lol...

That is a shame because I like Amarillo a lot. So does that mean someone bred them and maintains them? Who brews with Fuggle so I have an idea of the flavors?

Welcome to the addiction!!!

BBC is one of my favorite breweries!!!

Back