Looking for IPA help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smerfs8485

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Never brewed an IPA before, but I have a lot of willamett and a lot of cascade hops. 1oz of northern brewer hops. Any good recomendations for using these? When I say a lot im saying a pound of each.

how hoppy do you like? are you looking for all-grain, extract, or partial mash? do you like english or american beers? with an answer to these, we should be able to give you a tasty recipe

Looking for a all-grain. I tend to drink a lot of american beers. Like really hoppy. Not supper over the top hoppy

I think I'd bitter with you're northern brewer and use willamette and cascade for flavor/aroma. If 1oz of nb isn't doing it from an IBU standpoint, I'd up the late additions to compensate. In my experience with using willamette for a hoppy beer is that it's "subtle". A lot goes a short way if that makes any sense. I've never paired cascade with 'em, but I think I'd go with 2:1 willamett:cascade.

Back