Sprinkler valve as elec controll

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtupper

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but in the sense of automation, could a sprinkler valve for an irrigation system be used as a valve in an automated system. For example controlling a pump and three valves electronically by a program to complete a brewing process. I'm thinking like the rainbird models.

Thoughts? Go!

the heat issue mentioned, and the fact that sprinkler valves are plastic and are no where near sanitary would make me not use them. unless you enjoy completely disassembling and cleaning your valves every single time you use them.

Is there a cheap alternative. All I've seen is electronically controlled solenoid ball valves at a whopping 165$ a piece. I think that's a little or a h*ll of a lot out of my price range.

I have been looking into this myself, I would not use them for wort but was thinking for fresh water, and CIP. At $15 each they could be far more economical.

Back