Tea Bags???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thelozmeister

Reaction score
Hi I'm very new to wine making and still trying to get my head around the do's and don't of wine making. I have successfully made made 3 "kit wines" but I'm planning on making a wine from scratch as my next project.

I have read a lot of forums to get some ideas and there is a lot of recipes that include tea bags,,,, I was just wondering how/why a teabag would be used??

Hi I'm very new to wine making and still trying to get my head around the do's and don't of wine making. I have successfully made made 3 "kit wines" but I'm planning on making a wine from scratch as my next project.

I have read a lot of forums to get some ideas and there is a lot of recipes that include tea bags,,,, I was just wondering how/why a teabag would be used??

I've read that it has to do with adding natural "tannins".

The reason for tea bags or brewed tea is the same reasons for using grape tannin or other tannin extracts. It helps provide a better mouthfeel while also adding a little bitter to help compliment flavors. I enjoy using black tea in my wines and mead. I use anywhere from 1 tsp to 1 tbs per gallon of loose leaf tea in the primary. 1 tea bag is about 1 tsp.

Latest posts

Back