brewing from morebeer kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franksnapps

Reaction score
Question after boiling wort is done and its chilled does all of the wort get put into carboy or do u leave the thick stuff that lies at bottom of kettle

Either way is fine. I used to leave the hops and everything in, now I strain them out. It's up to you.

Edit: If you're going into a carboy and not a bucket it may be easier to leave it out (if your using a siphon or a funnel)

Does it make any difference as far as flavor goes? Also someone told me before u put airlock ur supposed to shake carboy for Oxygen to wort

Won't really effect flavor, once the boil is over the hops have done their job.

You do need to oxygenate the wort but if your carboy is glass I would not recommend shaking it. It's heavy and if you slip you could end up with a mess and lots of broken glass. There are plenty of stories on this forum about trips to the ER caused by glass carboys. A vigorous pour will do the trick, or if you're siphonong into the carboy you could just stir the pot once it's cooled, before the transfer.

If you've already pitched your yeast don't oxygenate now. It's will be fine.

Back