Somthing Strange Floating In My Apfelwein

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muscleshoalsbrewer

Reaction score
I have been reading threads and looking at pics of diffrent infections for the last 3 hrs and have not seen any infected apfelwein. Is it possible that when i took a hydo reading today that I gave my baby somthing?

I would take a picture but my camera is at the office.the best i can do is try to describe what i am looking at.

It almost looks like thin wisps of protein that have floated up from the bottom, is that possible? Kind of a light milky apperence. not floating globs just like how oil and water look together..........any thoughts?

I had something similar but it was nothing more than big globs of yeast that had stuck together during pitching. After a day and a half they had dissipated and mixed into the batch. Without a picture that is the best I can come up with. Dont worry, relax, have a home made joint.

I don't know what it is but mine looked the same way at one point. My guess was that it was "swirlies" of apple particulate and yeast.

sounds lke you just stirred up some yeast from the bottom. You wouldn't have an infection that fast. RELAX

Seen it in my apple wine before, always settled out with no issues. I wouldn'nt worry about it. :)

you would show the signs of an infection the same day... it would take time for the bacteria of the infection to breed out and actully taint things... as long as you setlized the hydro you dont have to worry. Dont worry so much. Apple jucie does a lot of interesting things as it ferments

Cheers

Checked it this morning, it dosent seem to be growing. hope it turns out. If it starts looking like the paleale that Stiffler drank in the movie" American Pie" I will start to worry....

Latest posts

Back