What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of our fine members, DangerRoss, handed this local gem to me at our post Darkness Day beer tasting. Thanks man!! :mug:

HPIM1283.jpg
Really stellar IPA from a stand out brewery here in town.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Really stellar IPA from a stand out brewery here in town.

There's beer snobs, and then there's beer bitches. That's what you are. I've seen more great beer go through this thread in the last week that you somehow got your mitts on it just pisses me off! I would try to arrange a swap but I don't even know what I could come up with. All of our breweries around this coast have been selling out and distributing to punk ass right coasters so I can't even think of what to bring to the table. I hope you choke on that!

Not really lol. I'm getting serious beer envy over here though bud. And I am projecting a little because I was by a beer store going through a larger town, blew about $70 on beer and haven't liked one thing I picked up yet. Of course it could be because my homebrew is so good it sets an unreachable standard :D

Had Delirium Nocturnum for the first time, and now I wonder why. Then again, it's so close to Rochefort 8 in taste and price, that it isn't a big deal. Delicious either way.

There's beer snobs, and then there's beer bitches. That's what you are. I've seen more great beer go through this thread in the last week that you somehow got your mitts on it just pisses me off! I would try to arrange a swap but I don't even know what I could come up with. All of our breweries around this coast have been selling out and distributing to punk ass right coasters so I can't even think of what to bring to the table. I hope you choke on that!

Not really lol. I'm getting serious beer envy over here though bud. And I am projecting a little because I was by a beer store going through a larger town, blew about $70 on beer and haven't liked one thing I picked up yet. Of course it could be because my homebrew is so good it sets an unreachable standard :D

That made my day, BB! :mug: I'm on a mission, to drink everything. Take solace in the fact that I envy you; I let my pipeline slack, didn't brew in Aug and Sept, and now have about 15 gals conditioning and not yet ready to drink. So it's commercial beer for me. I did drink the last bottle of a really awesome IPA that I brewed over the summer, 2 gal test batch that may have been my best IPA to date.
BTW, betcha there's some things out there in Cali that you could impress those of us in ,Midwest with. ;)

Yeah we've got a few things.. I almost hate sending out Pliny at this point because there are equal beers out there that don't have half the hype. I almost wonder if Vinnie is putting less hops in it than he used to. I get it from the brewery, and the last 2 batches didn't seem nearly as dank as what I was getting before. Maybe I've just been screwed over by the lupulin shift.

Yeah we've got a few things.. I almost hate sending out Pliny at this point because there are equal beers out there that don't have half the hype...... Maybe I've just been screwed over by the lupulin shift.

Nice. :ban: I totally agree about PtE, very good, but it never really lived up to the hype for me, and the last couple times I've gotten it, it hasn't been impressive. Still good, still like it, and I have a buddy who flips $hit every time I have some. Same buddy can get me Huma Lupa Licious. :rockin:
And Cali has Firestone, that stuff is impressive beer. Everything I've had from them (Union, Double, and Wookey Jack, Parabola, §ucaba, Double DBA) has blown my mind.

Nice. :ban: I totally agree about PtE, very good, but it never really lived up to the hype for me...

+1 First time I had it was at GABF this year and it was good, but not as good as I was expecting. As I've said before, I usually put hard to find beer on a pedestal and my expectation is more than reality. There's definitely far better DIPAs out there, at least for me since I prefer a touch of sweetness in my DIPAs. That's why I'm excited to try KeyWestBrewing's Badfish IIPA, but I still have a week and some change before it's properly carb'd up.

anchor steam i cloned in honour of my neighbour's newborn son. it's a shame too...one of the best brew's I've done.

SoCal Hang Loose Pale ale. Average but a good kind of average. Somewhat Toasty and juicy citrus. Kind a like a simple breakfast of toast and OJ.

I'm having another Samuel Adams "Cinder Bock." This is my 6th one so far (all time, not tonight...lol) and I can't get enough of this beer...LOVE it!!

I'm going to go get some more soon before it's all gone! ...time for me to start e-mailing my praise letters to Boston Brewing Co. to ask them to keep making it :)

Celt-Native Storm.Wales,UK bitter. I had similarites I recognized in my pale mild/bitters as I did with this but this is way more refined clean and smooth but I still think I like mine better:D

Guinness on nitro. I also had a Black Sack porter (Left Handed) earlier, but I'm not a fan. I'm going to the beer store tomorrow, and see if they have any Marshall El Cucuy, I hear its awesome.

Latest posts

Back