Wetbar buildout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allen00se

Reaction score
Ok all, time to show you my bar buildout process, and get a little input.
Here is what I am working with

Bar Front
0wvrc.jpg

Bar Angle
nOHUy.jpg

Bar Closet
n6yMV.jpg

Tap Location
SF6H3.jpg

The Plan:
I plan to put the keezer from my keezer build thread in the closet pictured above. The closet runs under the stairs, so the back of the closet is at an angle. I want to push the keezer as far back in the closet as possible to free up room for shelves and storage, then run the beer lines along the wall to my tap location which is on the small wall just to the left of the closet door. Everything said and done the taps should be < 6ft from the keezer. I want to have 3 taps runnning in an air cooled duct that I will have to custom build to suit my needs.

I plan on knocking most of this out this weekend, so stay tuned for progress pics.

Once the keezer is in place and working I will start building out the bar back. This is where I will need some input because I want to use the space efficiently. We want the liquor down low in the cabinets, and the part up top I will be building out will be used for glasses and decorations.

More pics and measurements to come!

Made some progress last night, had to tear out part of my door frame to the keezer closet to allow if to fit through. Re-ran some electrical, added an outlet and put in a GFCI outlet.

Aftermath
AVK8M.jpg

Relocated outlet for bar fridge
hp6I4.jpg

So now I just need to rebuild my door frame, put the trim back on, then start plumbing my beer lines. Sounds like a good saturday.:mug:

Great location! You have some options when it comes to insulating your beer lines from the freezer to the taps.

My only advice is to give a lot of thought to the height of the taps. Because of the location of the hutch thingy over my wet bar (that I didnt want to move) and the height of my ice maker under the bar top, I had very little space to work with. When I fill a large mug, it has to be tipped to fit under the faucet. Not the end of the world but it can be annoying.

Best of luck!

The only advice I can offer is for the door frame. In my experience, you will have a better final product if you tear out the entire pieces of trim on that one side and replace them with full length new pieces. This will be better than having a horizontal butt joint in the middle of the trim. But if that counter makes it too much work to do so, it looks like where you cut the trim pieces is a good spot that will not be visible unless you are behind the bar.

Back