What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kegged my King Edgar Ale

dry hopped 100 Year War IPA

sampled Peachy Queen Pale Ale

Bottled some beer from my kegerator for the peach state brew off

I bought 5 lbs of some malt, one of another, and five ounces of Citra. I'd list what those malts are, but I'm exhausted, having moved eighteen tons of batteries during the course of the day, and no, that is not an exaggeration.

I plan on doing some brewing on Friday, for a change.

Bought some beer line for my keg, a racking cane to hack up to turn into a bottle filler, and some San Diego Super yeast to make a starter for this weekends brew a rye ipa.

Got my ss parts and silicone tubing for my mash tun from Austin Homebrew. Also picked up grains hops and yeast for 5 gal AG batches of blue moon clone, chocolate stout, and biermunchers centennial blonde. Gonna be busy!

Well I just bought a wort chiller, new burner, new 30 quart pot. I also bought a glass carboy, yeast, grains, hops.
Lets just say I'm ready to make a killer beer.

Started cleaning a keg for a keggle conversion. Its a bent dented on the edges buti think I can hammer them out. Brewed a IPA today

I did a ton for beer this week . I purchased a 20 gal blichmann ! Made a 10 gal mashtun , bought 16 gal primary fermenter, a plate chiller, a chugger pump , all hoses and camlock qd's , and a blichmann burner, all this so I can brew now while working on thelectricbrewery . After the honey do list of course . Because of this big purchase and endless research on hbt I believe the brew gods are with me . A co worker comes up to me and gives me for free three ball lock cornys and a 5 lb co2 can with qd's and party spigot ! Great week thank you homebrew gods !

I checked the temp on my 2nd version of Hopped * Confused. The temp stayed at 68F,within range for the German ale/kolsh yeast. And initial fermentation is finishing up to boot. Gotta take the store bought spring water jugs over to crystal springs to get local spring water. I should still be able to get it for 25c per gallon,vs 79c per in the store.
Gotta finish getting stuff cleaned 1 more time & ready for 2nd brew this week,a dark lager with the same German yeast.

I sold my kegerator this week and upgraded to an upright refridgerator! woohooooo!! Now i just need my new taps to come in :)

Stepped up a starter of 3068 which is the first yeast I've grown from a slant. Looks great so far. Also culturing some 1318 from the bottle dregs of a pumpkin ale. Took a while but it finally woke up and started growing.

Unpacked a box of beer I got in trade - should be good for a week or two! Or at least through the holiday weekend! ;)

Also pulling together everything I need to bottle my imperial IPA tonight.

Made sure all the fermentors, bottles, yeast banks, and supplies are snug in the chest freezer for the off season. Sadly, my brewing season is coming to a close, but good news...it's time to go sailing!!

Lots of yummy things in the cooler for when we return.

Went out to get some local spring water & found it had gone down to 10c per gallon from the 25c per that I remember from years ago. So instead of spending 79c per gallon at the store,I now spen only 50c or 60c per,depending on the batch volume.

Engaged in an epic life and death struggle with an autosiphon.

Been there. But with one of those older models with just the straw and hose. You had to fill the hose with water and dump it out just right in order to get it going.

Went to the LHBS and dropped a couple hundred bucks. Got a couple new fermenting buckets, some dark LME, some chocolate and black malt, 8oz of hops, couple of Wyeast smack packs, a funnel, some hose, some sanitizer and some cobalt flip top bottles.

Got 5 gallons of wort in the carboy, gave up on the last half gallon. No idea what happened, didn't seem to have a seal on the cane inside the tube. Of course this sort of thing only happens when I spend weeks thinking about a recipe and then brew exactly what I had envisioned.

Today I extended the hot water line from the sink to my rig to make cleaning in place much easier:ban:

Made final adjustments to the Rye IPA recipe I will be brewing this weekend and figured my water adjustments.

Picked up grains for this weekends brew, a rye ipa. Also picked up some stuff to hook up another keg in the beer fridge

Bottled my Bitter while drinking a RIS. Also, shopping for more grain for a batch of Belgian blonde soon...

Picked up grains for today, new tubing for the auto siphon and mash tun drain and also got some mason jars to save the yeast from the 2 batches I have to keg today.

I bought an immersion chiller. I spent more money than I wanted to. This is, without question, the most money I have ever invested in this culinary pursuit. It had better be worth it.

Had to make an unexpected ice run. Got my dark lager chillin in an ice bath now. Got starsan in the Fv now,& it's all ready to git-r-done. My second brew this week. Feels good,doesn't it?!

Back