Ed's Apfelwein?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gear101

Reaction score
Has anyone ever infused fruit into their Apfelwein, maybe like strawberries? I’m trying some right now, in a 750 mason jar and 6 good sized strawberries.

It was fully fermented for 6 month, than put it into the jar with the strawberries.

I have 15 gallons of it cleared and ready to go. Most of it is over a year old, I was thinking of a similar study, dividing 5 gallons into one gallon bottles. Additions that came to mind are.

1. Blueberries
2. Oak chips
3. Ginger
4. Strawberries (thanks for the idea)
5. Apple pie spice
6. Pumpkin pie spice

Gear101 said:
Has anyone ever infused fruit into their Apfelwein, maybe like strawberries? I’m trying some right now, in a 750 mason jar and 6 good sized strawberries.

It was fully fermented for 6 month, than put it into the jar with the strawberries.

Make sure to add potassium sorbate to prevent renewed fermentation.

Strawberries sounds great, let us know how it turns out! Did you slice them?

I have also thought about making an apple crisp cider. Mashing some rolled oats adding the running's to the apple juice and them adding apple pie spices to the secondary.

Make sure to add potassium sorbate to prevent renewed fermentation.

Strawberries sounds great, let us know how it turns out! Did you slice them?

No I just put tehm in whole, cut the green off of them and need to go to the HBS today and get some potassium. It wil be busy there, with teach a freind to brew today. Think they have a brew class going on today.

I put canned peaches into mine and it turned out great.

Now that sounds good.

Latest posts

Back