ez recepie, no special grains... oven trick?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimsawyer

Reaction score
Gonna make a pale ale today. I have everything except some crystal so I'm going to toss 1/2 lb 2- row in the oven on a cookie sheet for 20 min @350*F. Should add some color. Whaddya think?

10lbs 2row(1/2 lb baked)

.75oz chinook 60min

.5oz chinook 5 min
.5oz cascade 5 min
1 oz amarillo 5 min

Fat Tire Ale yeast.

Might dry hop, might not. Depends on how hoppy it turns out after it's fermented out.

I say you take it outside and smoke it on the grill for a couple hours with some nice hardwood, that should add some nice flavor.

I bake up 3# of 2-row for my Red Hook ESB clone.

Very tasty in a pale ale.

How hot and long do you bake your grains for? And Donasay, that smoking sounds good too. Want to try that sometime but I think I'll do it with a porter. Although, nice oak pellets in my traeger would make any beer taste better.......

How hot and long do you bake your grains for? And Donasay, that smoking sounds good too. Want to try that sometime but I think I'll do it with a porter. Although, nice oak pellets in my traeger would make any beer taste better.......

I baked the 3# for 50 minutes at 350...tossing the grains every 15 minutes or so.

Bake them before you crush them (might be stating the obvious here).

The toasted malt should give you the equivalent of about a 25 SRM so plan accordingly.

Back