Am I Wrong?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I have a couple of people who are waiting like vultures for my first brews to be ready.... I don't have a greedy bone in my body but I know that my weeks of patience will be one night of binging to them if I do not put my foot down. I would not mind at all if it was someone who wanted to try the different brews but it will be free beer for them and nothing more. Am I wrong to be pissed off over the attitude?

Tell them the first one's free. Then after they have a taste, they need to kick in some cash towards the next batch!

I have a couple of people who are waiting like vultures for my first brews to be ready.... I don't have a greedy bone in my body but I know that my weeks of patience will be one night of binging to them if I do not put my foot down. I would not mind at all if it was someone who wanted to try the different brews but it will be free beer for them and nothing more. Am I wrong to be pissed off over the attitude?

not at all - just keep telling them that it's not ready and it needs to age....

finally, give them a sixer of your 3rd or 4th brew. :D

my friends don't ask anymore - they just wait patiently until I give them the magic barley water; because they know sometimes I'm more generous than other times.

I know just how you feel. I have a few selected friends that I know appreciate good beer and can give me honest feedback. Then each one gets a bottle or two of each batch.

No, sounds like a valid concern. I agree if they want to help consume the product in a big way, then they can show up with some cash or ingredients on the next brew day and help out. With luck, they'll get hooked and then all start brewing, then you can share all kinds of different stlyes all at once.

It's a shame your first batch got an infection and you had to dump it. They'll just have to wait for the next one to be ready. Hopefully that batch makes it. Oh, and quit talking about it to people close enough to actually drink it. That's what HBT is for.

-OCD

I don't invite people to my house that I don't like.
Any one in my house is welcome to my beer.

If I go to their houses they'd give me anything they have.

Maybe you should look at who you are friends with.

Dear Confused in Ohio,

You are right to be concerned about your friend's motives. They are not respecting your feelings. Your first beer is very special to you, and you should be allowed to enjoy it and get to know it better. If you invite your friends over to defile your beer like it was a hot chick on prom night, they will not respect you in the morning.

Sure, it's OK if they look at your beer, and talk to it a little, but they should not be allowed to put their lips on her, um, your beer, I mean, unless you give your express permission. How would they feel if you molested their girlfriends? If they are determined to molest your beer then i would suggest a beer/girlfriend swap.

All the best,
Abbey

I agree with Orfy. I don't like your friends.

I don't even like my friends. Anyone who would associate with me is suspect.

When I started brewing, everyone thought that brewing it yourself translated into free beer. Or at least as cheap and easy as putting some dry yeast in apple juice like their uncle used to do in the pen.

One thing that does work is if your friends are BMC drinkers, give them an IPA. They will think you suck at brewing, but they will leave you the hell alone.

Latest posts

Back