Arrrrrgggghhh!!!! O ring fell into full keg of beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pick

Reaction score
Dag nab it! I hope it does not produce any off flavors or infect. Beer tasted good, though. May have to drink this one fast. I transferred from one keg to another.

I just got a shipment of single handle Pepsi ball lock and wanted to transfer from a Hoff-Stevens corny, because the beer line was only 3' and 3/8". Nice glasses of foam!

New 3/16" line, 10 foot long and 3 PSI pours nice, and beer tastes a lot better.:mug:

It had been in some boiling water, which the keg was rinsed with, prior to kegging.

well then your probably ok. i don't think it will cause any off flavors and since you boiled it there shouldn't be any risk of infection.

"Hmmm. . . Is your beer chwey? My beer is chewy"

If you want, send me the keg as is, and I'll get that o ring out for you and return it to you.

you just dumped boiled water into the keg for sanitizing??? I think it takes boiling temps for 10-15 minutes for sanitization to occur. I'd be more worried about the unsanitary keg than the oring. :cross:

The keg was steam cleaned prior to shipping. There are others on the board that successfully use boiling water for sanitation.

Kegerator is as 37*.

Back