no pressure out tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PMAN335

Reaction score
Hi i just finished up my hoiday ale and i have an issue with no presure coming out of the tap, currently is a drip pace.

Steps took
keez set for 40d degrees

check seals - have pressure C keg
checked co2- have pressure.

shorten line to ft and i do not see the beer going through the line. only thing i am thinking is somehow the keg - beer is frozen.

Any Thoughts????:confused::(:(:(

Could be one of several things. Could be that the bottom of the keg is frozen like you're thinking. Are you sure the QD is fully engaged on the post? Have you pulled the diptube out to make sure it's not clogged? It could also be the wrong poppet. Several places that sell reconditioned kegs have switched to using the universal poppets, which unfortunately aren't universal in the stock configuration. If you have one of the shorter post styles and the universal poppet with the long spring, the spring may be too long, and not allow the QD to depress it enough.

I took the keg out of the keezer to defrost and to eliminate the frozen beer issue.

BTW I have used this keg in the past with no issues. Thanks I didnt check for the clogged tube, ( one thing i didnt do), I will check tonight.

Juan THANK YOU. i took off the liquid post and rod and it was 99% clogged. took and air compressor to blow the line out and poof i now have horse power and liquid shoot out like a oil gusher.

all is good now.:):):)

Glad you got it flowing again. FYI, if the beer had enough hops/trub/etc to clog the diptube once, it's very likely to happen again. If it does, you can rack the beer off of the debris into a clean keg, or some people have had luck putting a nylon over the end of the diptube and tying it on to act as a filter.

Back