So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2nd BIAB this weekend, a Dark English Mild. Getting ready for the first hop addition as I type.

Cheers!

Brewed my third batch in 2 days today. It was a BIAB kitchen sink brew that I'm calling Black Forrest Summer Ale due to some Black Forrest honey I threw in..

Brewed a Fat Tire clone yesterday. Kegged a 21A Bitter American clone and brewed a LHBS Saison today... and took my son to the pool for a while! Great weekend!

Wrapped up our IIPA STFU ale a minute a go.

Summit, tettnang, fuggles unfiltered, get your mind outta the gutter!

Just wrapped up my cream style ales

ForumRunner_20120527_195840.jpg

Was planning to do a Blue Moon clone this weekend. Midwest shipped a day later than I expected, and I gave them my work address for delivery. So when FedEx home delivery shows up tomorrow, there'll be no one here to accept delivery. :(

I drove by work on Saturday, grabbed the "we missed you" note on the front door, called the number, tracked the driver down...

I'll be brewing tomorrow morning. :ban:

I've been brewing for a little over a year. Brewed 16 different beers, never repeating one. Now I've decided to brew my three favorites before starting more new ones (the list is long). So, yesterday I did 5 gallons of a Russian Imperial Stout that is probably my favorite brew to date. Next weekend it will be a Simcoe/Centennial double IPA. Then a Black IPA. Then I'm heading into new territory with a Belgian Dark Quadruple. Still looking for the right recipe. Any suggestions?

Holy effin efficiency...last time i brewed this i got like a 55%. Today I got 77.41 for a 1.074 wort. All will be good if that hop schedule is good enough for that high gravity! I was expecting about 1.060 at most.

The wife will be pissed...this was supposed to be much smaller. I'm afraid I'll have to dry hop it.

Yes, the wort sample is was cooled. I might steal another sample to verify this tomorrow. I am using ported Better Bottles, so stealing a sample is quite easy.

Expecting to mash in as soon as the kids are out. Another night of brewing on the patio!

Repeating my batch #1, which was a baseline for my process and efficiency. I was out for 15 long boring years. I expect to return to this recipe a few times to check my efficiencies. I'm sure I have made progress, tonight shall prove it.

11 lbs 2row pale
1 lb 20L
1 lb honey malt

1 oz magnum 14.7 for 60 mins
1 oz Willamette 4.9 for 5 mins
1 oz Willamette 4.9 at whirlpool.

Mashing a Black IPA / Cascadian dark ale, whatever you want to call it. Adding Carafa III with 20 min left in mash to get color, but less roast taste. Going to call Solar Eclipse.

Brewing an low grav 1.038 pale sort of an American Bitter. Trying a small addition of oats to improve mouthfeel.

I brewed up a caribou slobber yesterday. Started early and finished up just as a slight rain started. Great timing on my part apparently

Brewing right now, my 100% wheat beer. I'm splitting the batch and doing it as a lager (830 - how I've done it in the past) and as a Belgian with 530 Abbey Ale.

Brewsmith said:
Brewing right now, my 100% wheat beer. I'm splitting the batch and doing it as a lager (830 - how I've done it in the past) and as a Belgian with 530 Abbey Ale.

100%? How does it come out (taste/body/mouth feel) in comparisons to something around 50-60% (assuming same yeast & hops).

Not brewing, But bottling 5 galloms of oaked Chocolate Brown Porter. Kegging 5 gallons of Brown Porter and 5 gallons of Special Bitter. Can't wait to taste hoe they turned out!

Oscbert said:
Not brewing, But bottling 5 galloms of oaked Chocolate Brown Porter. Kegging 5 gallons of Brown Porter and 5 gallons of Special Bitter. Can't wait to taste hoe they turned out!

I love me a tasty hoe.

Piratwolf said:
DFH 90min clone for my wife (I love being married to a woman who loves IPAs!)

My wife is not a fan of beer, or wine for that matter, and absolutely hates hop bitterness. Ironically, she has made comments such as "not bad" and "I could drink that" to some sour beers.

jeepinjeepin said:
My wife is not a fan of beer, or wine for that matter, and absolutely hates hop bitterness. Ironically, she has made comments such as "not bad" and "I could drink that" to some sour beers.

Love it! My MIL says, "oh, that's good! Too bad I don't like beer."

I'm just getting on the sour train myself--loved the two i've had!

Back