what beer to buy in NJ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2BeerSpeer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Up here restoring power and had a similar thread while in Pa....thought it would be interesting to have one for NJ! What beer would you suggest I take back to NC with me? I bought several troegs and victory brews while in Pa. Thanks in advance for your replies...

You looking for NJ breweries? If not then it's pretty much grab whatever you can find. We get a fairly diverse amount of different beers from all over the world and USA here so you'll likely find a lot of the stuff you'll come across in the surrounding states as well. I can get Victory and Troegs here for example. If you're looking for local brewery beers the first thing I can think of off the top of my head is Rammstein's beers by the High Point Brewing Company.

BTW, thank you sincerely for your work helping to restore power!!!!! I'm in Bayonne NJ and was without power for a full week so I can fully appreciate the work you are doing :mug:

Rev.

Thanks, I'll look for local first for sure! It sure seems easier to buy here than in Pa....any other NJ breweries that mostly distribute locally?

Flying Fish has a great Belgian Dubbel and a series inspired by the NJ Turnpike ("Exit 4" is great). River Horse is nice. Unfortunately previous NJ laws restricted brewery and microbrew pubs within the state resulting in less local breweries compared to states like PA. However buying beer at liquor stores in NJ is superior to PA.

Other great 'local' breweries outside of NJ include Weyerbacher (Easton, PA), Dogfish Head (Milton, DE) and Southern Teir (Lakewood, NY); if you haven't tried these 3 breweries, I'd highly recommend picking up a few, particularly if you're in a mix-and-match liquor store.

Flying Fish is good.

If you can find any of the exit series, definitely pick some up. exit 4 is a regular, but the others were one time brews. Sometimeyou can find them. Exit 8 was the last one released so you might be able to find some.

http://flyingfish.com/beers/exit_series.html

Beer laws here are much better than PA. Depends where you are but there are some good shops that you can get just about anything.

If you can find the time check out Carton and Kane. Heck I guarantee if you reached out to the owners they would welcome you anytime. Both are in Monmouth, not sure where you are working. We here at the Jersey Shore appreciate it.

Awesome brewery in Lambertville, NJ, called River Horse. If you can find bottles in northern or central NJ, pick them up, you wont regret it.

I second visiting Kane brewing, they have some great brews but can only be found on tap or at the brewery. Can get some growlers to take back with you

Latest posts

Back