Tapped a new beer today... yeasty?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celtic_dude

Reaction score
I just tasted my Irish red today and it tasted pretty yeasty? Its been in a secondary for about 4 weeks/primary 2 weeks and in the keg for about 1 1/2 weeks chilled to about 46f. Any ideas? Will it still age in the keg even cold?

It will still condition more- How many pints have you pulled? Cold crashing (even on tap) will make all the yeast and sediment sink to the bottom. Since the dip tube is on the bottom, it is typical for the first pint (2,3,4 etc depending on ferment/secondary ferment sediment etc) to be off. I'd say let it sit pull some more and should turn out alright.

I know my lager was cloudy, but tasty. When I was down to about a 1/4 keg it was PERFECT! Then I kicked it...

I had a porter that for the first couple pints was kind of a creamy brown color. Thought I had messed up the recipe. After those two pints it turned the proper color.

Back