New Website - Feedback for me?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good! On the home page, where it says Print | Email, the email is split into two lines. That's all that I saw that wasn't quite right, but the rest looks perfect.

Except (and this is is a big EXCEPT) the sight glass with thermometer isn't in stock. It doesn't have a price either. I want to buy one, so can you PM me when it's available? And what is the price?

Looks good on first skim. Though on your products page you are missing the price for the "EZ Weldless Sight/Thermometer Combo." The three other products all have prices to the left of the model number in red.

I don't like the gap between the text block and the scroll bar at the right. I think an integral scroll would help not feeling like I was wildly mouse swinging.

You must either be using a really high res or a wide screen monitor, or both. You don't have a wheel on your mouse?

The thermo/site doesn't have a price yet because I don't know what that's going to be on this next batch. They will be ready next week though.

Lookin good, man. Domain's sweet but it seems like there might be some potential for confusion with brewershardware.com.

Nice site and layout

Two things I noticed - (1) I have a widescreen (1680 x 1050) and the main background image stops around 1400 pixels or so. Maybe you could use that same image but fade the right side into your gray background color? (2) Looks like the copyright is centered under the first column on every page. It would visual appeal to me if it was down with the Joomla text on the other side (left justified)

This are nit picky things, but I do freelance webdesign in my free time and thought I would offer my 2 cents. Otherwise it looks clean and good. Some sites make you feel "sketchy" when it comes to an online store, but your graphics and flow make it "comfortable"

Overall good --
my thoughts... have the index page be Products, not about. If we're coming from the HBT or youtube, we know who you are. If we are random people, just looking for sight glasses, honestly, we don't really care who you are and that is a lot of information to read. If we decide to buy from you, we'll take a look at the about area... which the block of text is repeated

On the ordering page, the dangling pieces of the words - g's and y's, are getting cut of (or at least they are for me).

I like the abundance of information on everything... love the instructions.

Keep up the good work

I design and maintain a couple of sites:

http://www.heyletsgotocamp.org/

http://www.buckhorncamp.org/

This is just something I do in addition to my main job. The only reason I bring it up is to say - great job! Very nice site, well laid out.

Two things I would address:

First, who is your audience? If it is just the folks here on the form then using the picture on your title splash makes sense. We will recognize you from your avatar. If you are marketing to a larger market, I would change the picture because it doesn't relate to anything you are selling. Maybe a more general "brewing" or "beer" picture.

Second, I agree with "sethful," too much text on the index page. I know this may just be temporary due to the new site, however I might put the text in a smaller box on the index page and have some pictures that would draw people into the site. Maybe a picture of some of your equipment you have a special on.

I don't mean to be critical of what you have done in any way. As I stated before, you have done a great job on the site. Now I just have to get a larger pot to use one of your sight glasses. I wish you success! :rockin:

- Too much white space on the about page where the FAQS are aligned left.
- #4 in the FAQS isn't in an <h4> tag so it looks smaller than the rest.
- The little icons for the .pdf, print, or email are on every page and in places like the order page, where I really wouldn't want to print, get a pdf, or email anything on that particular page.
- As some others mentioned, I'd try to get the background to fit for widescreen monitors.
Great start! Just little things...

Nice and very clean!

The print and email icons don't show up when you first go to the site, they show up as text. If you click to a different section of the site and then click back to "about" the icons are there.

Latest posts

Back