New to home brewing.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penguin69

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just started brewing a few months ago. Have completed two brews so far. One good one bad. Bad one never carbonated. Hope to learn a lot here.

Well never carbonated is easy enough to fix.
Brew more! You will end up with more good beer.

I stand corrected. Not bad just flat. I have another beer ready just waiting for time. Probably do it over the holidays. I guess I should get started asking a few questions.

You didn't toss the flat beer did you? Hide it from yourself for a while and magical things may happen.

If it stays flat after a month or so, I'd consider popping the cap, putting in a Cooper's sugar drop and recapping.

No I did not toss the batch. Still in the basement in the cases. I will let it sit longer and if need be do the tablet and recap.
Thanks for the help.

welcome to the forum.

my first two batches were relatively flat, but the third one came out like this when i opened it this afternoon for lunch.

taste is ok, but look at that head.

:)

WheatNumber2.jpg

If you are fairly certain you added the priming sugar to your flat batch, I would recommend opening one - put in a pinch of baking yeast, and putting a balloon on the bottle. If it inflates, then your yeast did not survive. Rehidrate some brewing yeast and add a half eyedropper to each bottle and recap.

Back