SWMBO's first brew testing/tasting day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balue

Reaction score
Took a gravity reading on SWMBO's lemon wheat and my porter! Both tasting very good at this point! This was swmbo's first batch she ever brewed! 1.050 at 1.016 now. Will pull another reading next weekend and keg from there. The porter is going on to some vanilla beans for a couple weeks next week.

ForumRunner_20120128_184353.jpg

The lemon wheat was a partial recipe as follows:

2lb belgian pilsner
1lb 2 row
1lb white wheat
1lb flaked oats
.5lb flaked wheat

3lbs wheat DME at flame out, then let rest 15 mins prior to chilling.

.5 cascade 60 min
.5 cascade 5 min

1oz dried lemon peel 15 mins
.5oz cracked corriander 10 mins
T58 safale dried yeast

Stove top mash 153 for 60 minutes

OG was 1.050 at 1.016 now one week after pitch. Taste is nice and refreshing with no overpowering flavors. We may want a bit more lemon so may add some fresht zest of a lemon next time.

You can also try using some sorchi ace hops as they have a nice lemon flavor. Looks like a good recipe!

You can also try using some sorchi ace hops as they have a nice lemon flavor. Looks like a good recipe!

I will have to give them a shot, I had like 2lbs of misc. hops around so the cascade went in. Next time I place a hop order I will grab a couple ounces of those to try out in a batch. I have never used these but hear they have a lemon flavor. But at least I know now that this recipe is a nice solid one that we can now tweak and try different things with.

Sounds great, thanks!

No problem, let me know how it goes if you guys do this.

Yeah, it'll be a little while. A friend's dad randomly found hops growing on his land, decided to cultivate them and harvested. So, naturally, I convince him to give them to me. Turns out, it's cascade and magnum, so I'm going to brew a blonde for her first.....so many choices to brew, so little time.....

Back