How many Forums have you been banned from?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbowler

Reaction score
I think I;m at like 4-5 (3 Forums). I think I just get bored (they were video game forums) I would never post anything negative here or at BimmerBoard though, I need this board and I need BimmerBoard

None, zilch. I've never been tossed off of any forum, but there've been a couple I've abandoned for one reason or another.

I've never been banned. I frequest a bunch of boards and try to act in a respectable manner.

Never banned, never close to being banned. Once the forums get annoying enough where I start feeling like being a dink, I take a break. My Celticsblog forum is annoying because it tends to get populated with clueless 13 year olds, and there are a couple folks on a financial planning forum I frequent who have no frickin' clue how the real world works. So, I just ignore people instead of being the prick that I would like to be sometimes.

I am only active in 2 forums: here and britishcarforum.com. I have only been members of 3 (Was on a ZR2 board until I totaled my truck- it was a great resource). I have never been banned. I typically join for a reason, and look around a bit before I join up, so it is not in my interest to then get booted. In all honesty, this forum has become integral to my brewing.

now isn't this a strange thread:D

I haven't been banned from any forums although I rarely frequent any others except this one.

This forum is by FAR the most civilized bunch I've ever seen.

I frequent about 10 forums and I've never been banned. Not even close. I can be a bit abrasive on some of them, but I don't usually put up with whiners and idiots for very long. I've been warned by mods to drop an issue here and there, but for the most part I call it like I see it and it hasn't gotten me in trouble.

just 1 . . . a political board called "The Democrats" or something on MSN. They didn't take very well to free speach or dissent over there

Walker-san said:
This is the only forum I use, and as far a I know I have not been banned yet.

Did anyone hear something? I think it was the wind. . .

oh yea to contribute. No, I haven't been banned, but I can be kind of a wiseass.

Yeah, I'm with joni. I can be an ass but I haven't been given the boot....yet. I'm active on 2 forums and I frequent a 3rd but rarely post.

I'm currently active on some political forums, some anti-political forums, some geek forums (Linux, FreeBSD), a bunch of still photograhphy forums, the occasional Jeep forum, many listserve groups and a few Usenet groups, some small-format cinematography forums... prolly I am active in 20 or so at any given time. I don't post to all of them daily, of course, since I have a life. I think.

Some forums like political or anti-politcal forums, exist primarily to facilitate heated debate. That's their purpose, so it would be hard to piss them off enough to get them to ban you. They encourage it. It would take some serious effort to get tossed off of a forum that celebrates differences of opinion.

For the rest, especially the focussed hobby forums, I try to stay mostly to topic, saving any contentious posts for the forums that welcome it. That's a good way to avoid running afoul of the rules, and to maintain good neighborly relations with others on the forum..

I visit only 2 boards, this one I post the most. Never have been banned. I'm a mellow drunk and usually fall asleep in my chair. :tank:

Ize

Interesting, ALL the forums that I have been banned from have been Video game forums and probably moderated by a bunch of 15 yo kids.

I agree though, the Focused Hobby forums are WAAAAY Too valuable to screw around in, but more than that i respect the people here and at BimmerBoard becuase of what they (we, I) can do. Making beer from scratch and building all sorts of gizmos (mostly just to build gizmos) is amazing and takes Courage, intelligence, and concentration. No matter how much I disagreed with someone I would be hard pressed to insult them knowing that they are this involved in something

It is a good thing these are not visual forum, cause seeing how I post nude most of the time... Oh, um, I mean,.. never mind. No I have never been banned.

Here's my favorite banning I've ever seen. It's off of something awful dot com, and Lowtax is the owner of the site. :D

eviltwinofjoni said:
Here's my favorite banning I've ever seen. It's off of something awful dot com, and Lowtax is the owner of the site. :D

LOL - that is pretty funny. Poor guy, just trying to be half-way entertaining and gets the ban stick.

the interweb is the greatest social experiment ever created or endeavored. thank you al gore...:p

i've been banned from one forum, but was granted access back after we reached mutual understanding... that they were mostly uptight, poop flinging monkies.

anyhoo i mostly visit a few gaming forums for the totalwar series, i was really active in the vibrant mp community in totalwar games. politicsforum.org, that's one that encourages the lively debate, and doesn't wear kid gloves.

this place is really the best managed forum i've been to, and it's so because it's members are mostly like minded, friendly and enterprising individuals.

cheers!

Not banned yet, though of course I've only ever been active here and at Solaraguy (for Toyota Solara owners/enthusiasts).

Now, if I were going to get banned, it would be for making fun of pjbowler about not properly pluralizing forum into fora.

j/k! J/k! I kid because I love! Don't ban me!
Damn... where's the smiley for pleading?

Now you know that Ninjas are strict adherents to the code.

So, basically, there is no bending of the rules.

So, without exception, in keeping with the strictist code of homebrewing,

Ninjas are bound by the code to use their hydrometers, or suffer the wrath of their elders....

Pirates on the other hand will do whatever it takes to get the job done, and hydrometers be damned.... ;) In fact, to a Pirate, a hydrometer may be used as a weapon in a way that would make a grown man cringe....

At least that's what I've heard. :D

Ize

Ize said:
Ummm....

Pirates don't plead man... We MAKE people plead. :D

Ize

Homez...

Let me regale you with a short tale o' Jewbeard's High Seas Adventures:

Once, we found ourselves boarded, surrounded, and gen'r'lly o'ercome by superior numbers.

The Cap'n, being the clever and cunning devil that he be, dropped to his knees and pleaded for the other ship's captain to be merciful to him.

The other captain approached, intending to show all and sundry that he could be a merciful sort of fellow.

Merciful he may have been, but observant he was not. He failed to check that Jewbeard had been fully disarmed (And really, with a beard that thick, you've got to check).

While the poor sod was busy trying to get Jewbeard's cook-knife out o' his vittles, we overpowered the rest of the invading crew, and won the day.

See? Pirates can plead... but rarely do so without a steak knife tucked in their beard.

Latest posts

Back