Bulk Grain Purchasing - Online Vendors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fugazzi

Reaction score
I've been buying 55# bags of base grain from LHBS ever since I switched to all grain. It costs around $65 for a 55# bag of Pale Ale Malt, or around $1.18 per LB.

I was wondering who people are using for online bulk grain purchasing. My LHBS isn't really a brew store, and there are no other suppliers within a reasonable drive from where I am (Columbia, MO). Also, they only sell Pale Ale, Wheat and Pilsner, and I would like to branch out and try some Vienna or Maris Otter.

I've been looking at the stickied post of recommended online suppliers, and the prices still seem high, and the available combination of amount (40#, 50#, 55#) and shipping cost ($8-$50) seems to vary wildly. I've also tried searching, and I keep getting the same few bulk grain threads from years ago.

Do you have any local breweries? That's where I get my base grains from, and my specialty I get from BMW, but it is local to me, so no shipping.

AustinHomeBrew.com has a good grain selection, and pricing similar to what you are paying already. Spend $100 and shipping is free, or 7.99 flat rate. Last I asked that applied to bulk grain as well. If you can get in on a bulk buy, or find a local brewery willing to sell to you, this may be your best option.

We are getting a bulk order from MO Malt Supply in STL at the end of the month. Go here for details. We'd love to have you in on the buy. And the crappy hippy store (aka LHBS) is wayyy overpriced on everything!

http://grou.ps/columbiabeerenthusiasts/talks/5260780

I'd love to participate. Do you have more details on pricing or what's available? I can't seem to find that info in that thread.

Pm me with your email and I'll send you the bulk grain buy price sheet. Rahr 2row is $28 a sack. MO is probably about $50. You can get all kinds of specialty malts and hops as well, even yeast. Nobody in Missouri, will beat MO Malt supply prices and the owner is great to work with.

Sweet, pm sent. I signed up to the como group forum as well, thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Back