Hops infermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcs401

Reaction score
I recently just brewed my first batch if octoberfest and when transferring my wort to my fermentation bucket (5 gallon pail) I didn't know I was suppose to strain my hop pellet debris. Is my beer ruined or can I strain it after fermentation and before racking?

Should I strain it before I put it in my carboy?

it could add some vegetal flavors to your beer, but chances are you will be fine, i take it that you're going to ferment primary in the bucket and "secondary" in the carboy? When you transfer just don't rack up the hops/trub/etc that settled into the bottom of the bucket.

Yeah I have it fermenting now for a couple weeks and then will be transferring into Carboy for another few weeks then transfer back into primary and then bottle. These were the steps I was told to do. Except they forgot to tell me to not dump all the damn hops into the fermenter after cooling the wort..

Back