Coopers Lager kit help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dotybrewer52

Reaction score
Hey guys,

im going to be brewing a coopers lager kit with some brown sugar added into it. i dont have the coopers brew kit i have a standard 6.5 gallon fermenter and all that kit. i was wondering if i made it to be a 5 gallon instead of making the 6 gallon or 23 liter as it says to do would it change the taste to become to bitter or to much alcohol taste in it. im going to add the whole kit with the coopers lagger LME and the brew enhancer with a bag of brown sugar. any help would be great and if i should leave out anything or add somthing into it any help would be AWSOME thanks guys.. beers and cheers!!!!!:mug:

Less water will raise the gravity and up the hop bitterness but not in an unpleasant undrinkable way. If you're concerned about it use less hops and less extract, but I would just go for it and see how you like it. You might want to at least make it 5.25 gallons for the trub loss. also, keep in mind the sugar is going to raise the gravity, plan your yeast accordingly.

Judging by hydro readings or lack of bubbling in the airlock? I usually let it sit for three weeks then bottle.

Seems my fermentation stoped after three days. What now

OH ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drunk:

Better read this:D:mug:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/ne...virtue-time-heals-all-things-even-beer-73254/

What you're very probably seeing is that the initial, very active, attenuation phase of fermentation, has come to its conclusion and the, far less visually dynamic, conditioning phase has commenced.

Enjoy reading through that thread posted above and welcome to the madhouse/addiction/hobby:fro:

Maybe even replace some of the brew enhancer with the brown sugar. Too much sugar isn't a good thing in extract beers. The brew enhancers are 1kg,so replace,say,300g of that with the brown sugar.

Back