Beer in the shower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tspilker

Reaction score
I decided last night that one of the most relaxing ways to spend an evening after a day at the lake is to pour yourself a pint of your favorite brew is, then take a cool/hot (whatever) shower and just enjoy it there.

I had a tall pint of the local micro's IPA... it was magical.

I might have had a few prior to coming up with this idea, but it was most excellent. It really makes the world seem a lot clearer.

Post with your discoveries

sometimes i enjoy a nice cold beer while talking a dump...but showering, i don't know. Plus were in a water shortage here in California

Beer after rim to river to rim Grand Canyon hike.

CIMG3856.JPG

Had better beers after that, but the PBR was very refreshing in the shower.

I'm all for a shower beer. sadly some of my more sober friends do not understand the greatness that is a shower beer.

Ever tried beer during sex. its astounding. Satisfaction in 2 regions of your body at once.

Im glad I got a much better response here than from my girlfriend when I told her about it.

I will have to try the beer and sex one though. That sounds very intriguing.

Wouldn't the splashing/spraying water get into your beer & water it down/warm it up? I've had beer & wine in the bathtub, but I think I'll pass on the shower.

I've had shower cola before, but shower beer sounds very tasty, if you can keep the water out. I wonder if I could run a tap to the shower....

An excerpt from "Chapter 9: Multitasking" in my never published Dummies Guide to Drinking

They key to the shower beer is to drink from a can. In many situations this requires BMC, this is not always the worst decision, however, since beer showers are usually taken while hungover, quite drunk, or after a long day and on the road to becoming quite drunk.

+1 to the OP.

I've been a big fan of shower beers for years. Pint glasses in the soap dish work as long as you're careful to avoid spray, even with me being on the larger/rounder side it can be done. Bottles are even better as we have a plastic/fiberglass/ whatever the hell kind of plastic it is shower, and they sit on the top edge of the stall in a corner.

Ever tried beer during sex. its astounding. Satisfaction in 2 regions of your body at once.

I think this is where SWMBO would pack the bags. "Oh honey, that's great, yeah thats'....Hold on, I need a drink, ok oh yeah"

We have a tall rack in the back corner. This would prevent beer from getting in.

Is this a new style of beer? We have lawnmower beers and now shower beers. Maybe we should do a group brew and swap of shower beers.

Taking a shower in beer would be nice. Lathering up in the sweet, golden fluid. Golden beads coalescing on my skin. Pure gold. A golden shower, you could say.

A shower beer is an amazing thing. It needs to be a really hot shower and really cold beer though. And I usually sit the beer outside the shower curtain so that I can grab it real easy but not get water in it. One of lifes little pleasures.

I have a seat built into my shower, I love me a nice shower beer every now and then... especially after a long round at the disc golf course in the summer.

At home, I have a tall corner rack from Home Steepo. Top shelf holds a pint perfectly out of harms reach but still within mine! About the golden showers tho.........

Why the hell did I type that about golden showers?

Ah well, I'll investigate buying some sort of device for hanging in the showers. Give this shower beer thing a try. The holder we have now is wonky, so a real beer shower would be highly possible.

We have a nice shelf in the shower which makes this perfect. I love it.

To the can only being BMC, go with Dale's Pale Ale, or Old Chub.

What are your favorite shower beers? Lagers=Lawnmower Beers, ? = Shower beer?

Cold malty ale?

We have a nice shelf in the shower which makes this perfect. I love it.

To the can only being BMC, go with Dale's Pale Ale, or Old Chub.

Cold malty ale?

at first i thought you were putting Dale's into the same category as BMC, thought we were gonna have to throw down :p

The first time I told SWMBO I was gonna take my beer in the shower is because I really needed both, but we were in a hurry. She gave me this kinda look. Nothing better than a nice beer in a warm shower.

It depends. If it's smoking hot outside, I'm likely to take a shower because I was sweating, so I would usually take a light lager or ale. If it's in the darkest of winter or the coldest of summer nights, then I would take something nice and malty, like a bock, to warm me up on the inside.

OK so what I get from this so far is: Beer in shower = Great......Sex with beer = Great

Now, I just gotta try having sex with a beer in the shower. Possibly invite the missus along too.

Hmmmm I wonder if the cord on my orgasmatron would reach the shower?

This was definitely a college ritual. Hungover after a long night. Grab a cold one or four, if there were any left, out of the fridge and hop in a hot shower. By the time it was over I felt great and could make it to class. You get some really weird looks showing up to a 7:15am Accounting class smelling like beer, and not last nights beer, this mornings beer.

Ah yes. Ice cold can of lawnmower beer in the shower after a hot sweaty afternoon of yardwork is the way life should be. Been doin it for years.

Yup, I've been doing it for quite sometime. I always try to spread the good news of beer in the shower, but everyone's scared to try it.

Latest posts

Back