Keezer Config question GE FCM7SUWW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pole

Reaction score
Unfortunately this particular configuration isn't listed in the super-awesome Chest Freezer Specs and Layouts thread so I'm wondering if any of you fine folks can provide a definitive answer on if this will work.

I'm looking at picking up a GE FCM7SUWW 7.0 Cu Ft freezer, with the intentions of eventually building a nice shell around it and putting a tower on the top. SWMBO has asked that I take it slowly though, which is fine, but I want to start kegging with an interim solution: picnic taps and no collar.

Does anyone know if this freezer can fit 3 pin locks and a 10# tank on the floor without needing a collar?

(My long term goal is to have 4 pin locks and a 10# tank on the hump, which the previously mentioned super-awesome thread confirmed will work with a collar.)

TIA!

The specific config I asked about of 3 pin locks and a 10# tank all on the floor w/o a collar is not listed. The closest ones all have ball locks, which as I understand, have a smaller diameter. There's also 1 that has 4 pin locks and a tank on the hump with the collar.

Ah, sorry for assuming you were blind :p By "configuration" I thought you just meant that freezer model.

If I were you, I'd make a 5 minute scale drawing in Powerpoint or Word, this is very easy to do. Make a box that has the scaled dimensions of the floor, then 3 circles that have the scaled diameter of pin locks, then 1 circle that has the scaled diameter of a 10# CO2 tank. Drag them around and see if they can fit. All the dimensions are in that post.

FWIW, building a collar is very easy and a lot of fun.

Excellent, thanks for the suggestion.

I know it's a bit unorthodox to not fully maximize the interior space right out of the gate, but it'll keep the wife happy until we have the resources to do the construction.

Latest posts

Back