Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Assassin's Creed III has to be the most boring 3-5 hour intro ever. It takes forever to do anything fun. By the time I got to doing cool stuff, I almost lost all interest in the game.

3 hours? I am bored before games even load these days. If they start with some storytelling bullcrap after all the logos and required patches download I just about wanna rip my hair out.

Assassin's Creed III has to be the most boring 3-5 hour intro ever. It takes forever to do anything fun. By the time I got to doing cool stuff, I almost lost all interest in the game.

Agreed, it took way too long to get moving. Not to mention I was confused why I was playing as a British guy. I kept thinking, "I thought the main character was a Native American??"

Now that I've finished ACIII, I'm working on a second playthrough on Skyrim...which probably just means I'm a glutton for punishment considering the stupid amount of time I put into the first go-round.

ACIII also pisses me off that it takes about 15 minutes to load. By the time the game starts, I've drank an entire beer and downed all my snacks.

ACIII also pisses me off that it takes about 15 minutes to load. By the time the game starts, I've drank an entire beer and downed all my snacks.

Haha. I hate that. Then you gotta pause, get up, reload snacks and beer, and get back into the game.

theveganbrewer said:

Not to mention the game is extremely glitchy

I love having to fast travel two times between just about each mission too. On each travel, you gotta wait for the load, then you have to move 10 feet once the game comes back on and confirm you really want to enter the new area, then do another fast travel and repeat. It just kills the game immersion experience.

Not to mention the game is extremely glitchy

I had some extreme issues with Black Ops 2, kept freezing up on load up. Almost made me not play it; but, they must have patched it because it almost 100% now.

Bensiff said:
I had some extreme issues with Black Ops 2, kept freezing up on load up. Almost made me not play it; but, they must have patched it because it almost 100% now.

Had the same experience with bop2, was about ready to throw the game out but all good since the patch. Should not have been released like that in my opinion

Tomorrow is a brew day with a lot more. i am bottling 3 gallons of apfelwien and a gallon of mead, transferring a Cabernet into secondary, transferring a dry stout into 5, 1 gallon containers on different things (I love messing with dry stuots), and then I'm brewing two one gallon experimental brews.

Anyway, I'll have black ops 2 in the kitchen with me for waiting and down times all day. I'm off tomorrow and Friday so I decided to get a lot of **** done.

Tomorrow is a brew day with a lot more. i am bottling 3 gallons of apfelwien and a gallon of mead, transferring a Cabernet into secondary, transferring a dry stout into 5, 1 gallon containers on different things (I love messing with dry stuots), and then I'm brewing two one gallon experimental brews.

Anyway, I'll have black ops 2 in the kitchen with me for waiting and down times all day. I'm off tomorrow and Friday so I decided to get a lot of **** done.

You sound like me on brew day, a little COD is a nice way to tackle down time. You remind me, I have a cab I need to rack myself.

Video Games.... Becoming one of my favorite pastimes although I don't admit it. Shows the geek in me.

I play PC games. I have a PS3, but prefer tinkering with the PC and love the controls more.

Currently working through the Dragon Age series for a 4th or 5th time. I've lost count.
Going to replay Kingdom of Amular: Rekoning here over the next month after I overhaul my system this weekend. It's overdue. It'll be my second playthrough for Reckoning.

Think I'll do the Witcher series again after that one is through... or maybe first.

I prefer High Fantasy RPG/Adventure games. Weakspot for me. Cast down the heavens with a mage build.

I played Oblivion for like 5 hours and couldn't get into it, so never tried Skyrim. And I won't do MMOG as I don't have time to log in at specific times and such, and times between playing can be from 1 day to 4 months depending on the game.

Still play skyrim when I have the itch but mostly blops2 for ps3. Send an invite if ya like psn HORROR_FANATIC. Play mostly hardcore search and what not.. fun stuff. Cheers

Homebrewers that play video games too. I thought I was the only one. I have a PS3 and a 360. Love RPG like Skyrim and Dragon Age but also like having a good shooter like COD because online is always new.

I played Oblivion for like 5 hours and couldn't get into it, so never tried Skyrim. And I won't do MMOG as I don't have time to log in at specific times and such, and times between playing can be from 1 day to 4 months depending on the game.

I was the same way with Oblivion, i could never get into it but i LOVE skyrim ... seriously, i think it's impossible to not enjoy Skyrim.

Rebuilding my gaming computer tonight, finally got a large enough case for everything. Pulling out my gtx285 and putting twin gtx480s in. BIL replaced his rig a month ago with twin
570s so I get his old cards. Not going to complain.

my wife & I like to play Vanguard: Saga of Heroes (which is now F2P) on the 'puter. we also have a small amount of games that never get played on the PS3. we mainly use it for the Netflix.

Far Cry 3, easily one of the best games ive ever played. Huge world, lots of stuff to do, and the story is very engaging.

Far Cry 3, easily one of the best games ive ever played. Huge world, lots of stuff to do, and the story is very engaging.

I saw a ton of ads for this game and read some great reviews. I've got to finish AC3 and sell it, then I'm going to get through Dead Island GOTY and will then buy a used copy of Farcry 3. Have you played the first two? Should I get them so I'm in on the story, or can I just jump to 3?

theveganbrewer said:
I saw a ton of ads for this game and read some great reviews. I've got to finish AC3 and sell it, then I'm going to get through Dead Island GOTY and will then buy a used copy of Farcry 3. Have you played the first two? Should I get them so I'm in on the story, or can I just jump to 3?

Just buy 3, 1 was decent and two sucked but they dont follow a story like AC does. Completely unrelated games.

finally have my pc at home up and running again, re-installing some stuff from my steam library.

been non-stop with left 4 dead 2 again, oh i how i missed it.

Rebuilding my gaming computer tonight, finally got a large enough case for everything. Pulling out my gtx285 and putting twin gtx480s in. BIL replaced his rig a month ago with twin
570s so I get his old cards. Not going to complain.

I used to play PC but I couldn't keep up with the Jones'. I think the Xbox is going to hit 8 years old here pretty soon. Yeah, the technology gets a little dated but at the same time the cost of building a new game engine is so expensive its not like game console technology can justify being replaced too often. I am rather happy to hear that the new Xbox will be released sometime next year though...my original 360 has about had it I think.

I used to play PC but I couldn't keep up with the Jones'. I think the Xbox is going to hit 8 years old here pretty soon. Yeah, the technology gets a little dated but at the same time the cost of building a new game engine is so expensive its not like game console technology can justify being replaced too often. I am rather happy to hear that the new Xbox will be released sometime next year though...my original 360 has about had it I think.

I remember buying NWN2, my computer I had wouldn't even start the game it was too outdated. Put an nVidea 8600 in it, then got the updating bug after that. I typically stay just a hair back from the top, as it's all outdated within 6 months so I don't have to update as often.

So... Anyone looking forward to the games in 2013? I have to say currently I'm not seeing anything that really catches my eyes. Crysis 3 is February, but as it's a FPS I'll probably skip it. The Tomb Raider Reboot is due out March 5. Am I the only one who watched the preview and thought FarCry 3 with a female lead? BioShock, another FPS....:( Looks like another playthrough of The Witcher series.

The new tomb raider looks pretty boss. I remember i couldn't wait when the first TR came out for the PS1.

The new GTA comes out sometime this year too, which looks out of control.

If you've never played BioShock I wouldn't write it off as jut another FPS. The first one is in my top 3 games of all time and one of the first I point to when trying to make the point that games can be intelligent.

I'm looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 from cd projekt red, but I doubt it'll be out in 2013.

Just read an article, Witcher 3 might be released before Cyberpunk. Maybe holiday 2013?

Barnzy02 said:
The new tomb raider looks pretty boss. I remember i couldn't wait when the first TR came out for the PS1.

The new GTA comes out sometime this year too, which looks out of control.

I bought industrial size containers of tissues and hand lotion just for the release (no pun intended) of gta v

I'm not looking forward to anything this year except maybe a new console from Sony or Microsoft to play a new Call of Duty on. Most games play painfully slow though I still play through most of the big titles.

I love arcade style action, but haven't seen much around. One awesome game that comes to mind was Super Stardust HD that came out on the Playstation Network back in 2007. I also enjoyed the game called Pixel Junk Monsters and Pixel junk Eden. The remake of Super Bomberman was fun. The orginal Pac Man was tits. Qbert. Tetris. Frogger.

Anyone familiar with those games? Know of anything like that out there whether it be PC, Nintendo, Xbox.. whatever, fun like that?

Castle Crashers is a lot of fun, arcadey too in a cartoon Gauntlet Legends sort of way

If you've never played BioShock I wouldn't write it off as jut another FPS. The first one is in my top 3 games of all time and one of the first I point to when trying to make the point that games can be intelligent.

The original Bioshock was amazing. Certainly in my top 10. Which if I had to throw out there now

Mario 3
Super Metroid
Mass Effect
Bioshock
Ocarina of Time
A Link to the Past
Final Fantasy 3
GTA IV
Chrono Trigger
Megaman 3 (though any old school Megaman will do they're all basically the same)

there's a lot of games I'm looking forward to in 2013.

Gears of War: Judgement, Bioshock Infinite, Southpark the Stick of Turth, Watch Dogs, GTA V, and a handful of others I'm excited for.

+1 for BioShock being the cat's pajamas. Anyone hear if Fallout 4 is coming this year? Supposed to be in Boston

The original Bioshock was amazing. Certainly in my top 10. Which if I had to throw out there now

Mario 3
Super Metroid
Mass Effect
Bioshock
Ocarina of Time
A Link to the Past
Final Fantasy 3
GTA IV
Chrono Trigger
Megaman 3 (though any old school Megaman will do they're all basically the same)

No particular order:

Ocarina of Time
FF8
Bioshock
LittleBigPlanet (1 and 2)
GTA Vice City
Pokemon Red/Blue
Asheron's Call
Goldeneye
Roger Clemons' Baseball (original NES and mostly because my dad and I played hours and hours together)

Witcher 3 2013???? Just made my heart jump.

It's all speculation right now but they say the development of witcher 3 is much farther along than cyberpunk. There will be more news on the witcher in the first half of this year.

It's all speculation right now but they say the development of witcher 3 is much farther along than cyberpunk. There will be more news on the witcher in the first half of this year.

Oh man. Still it will hold me over knowing it is coming. DA:3 was announced, but with no date yet, I'm just hoping it's not rushed. I'll wait till '14 if they do it correctly. Same with Witcher, if it's done correctly and not rushed, it's worth the wait.

I'm still looking for what I'm going to be playing in the Spring and Summer. Nothing is really jumping at me as a "gotta have" for my taste in games.

Back