Are these kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

telefunken

Reaction score
I'm just getting started into kegging, and I found these kegs on a local online classifieds. It's for the long and narrow ones..

Are these just a variant on the regular corny kegs? Does anyone know what they're called so I can research them before buying? I've attached some pictures to help.

Would corny keg attachments work (air/gas) with these?

They're 8 x 27 inches, and he wants $30 each

Thanks!

DSC07855.jpg

DSC07856.jpg

23768252-0-1303418456.jpg

Those looks like brand new 5 gallon corny kegs to me. My eyes might be deceiving me, though. I would put a bid on them!

They are kegs of some sort but I don't recognize them. I don't think they are soda kegs. Corny quick disconnects definitely wont fit on those nipples but you might be able to unscrew the one in it and attach the usual corny gas and liquid posts. And actually there are 2 different size threads for pin locks so if you can find out the thread size on these there is a pretty good chance it might be one or the other. With some research you can find the thread size of the corny kegs (ball lock and standard pin lock are interchangable but I am pretty sure there was also a pin lock with a larger thread post) then bring a screw of those sizes to see if they will fit when you go chesk them out. They look like really nice quality so if the price is right it might be worth driving over to check them out. Did he say how many gallons they are?
Hopefully someone else here has seen these before and can give you some better info.

He doesn't know what size they are. Judging from the dimensions I'd figure they're about 5 gallons.

I told him I'd buy them anyway, there must be a way to get some standardized connections on these things. For the price, it'll be worth doing some digging, hopefully the LHBS will be nice enough to help out!

I'll let you know how it turns out in case someone else stumbles onto these types of kegs in the future

Back