• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB temperature controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrMeans

Reaction score
I am just looking for a cheap fermentation controller. Digital or analog are both fine. I don't trust my skills putting together electrical devices to build my own. If anyone has one laying around not being used let me know what you want for it and maybe we can work something out.

I bought a dual stage digital temp controller for 150 from morebeer.com not sure if that's to much or not. I like it a lot because Its all wired. Just plug and go.

ForumRunner_20110913_023647.jpg

thats more temp controller than i need. I just need something to keep my "slightly" modified mini fridge at around 60ish degrees with up to two ale pales in it. I found a Johnson a419 on amazon for $50 but I would rather buy something from another home brewer that can go back into someones beer. Kind of a pay it forward type of thing.

If no one has one that they are trying to unload I am just going to buy the one on amazon, just thought I would check here first.

Another tip if you know someone that works HVAC they usually have all kinds of old temp controllers laying around. Found this out to late from my dad who works HVAC could have gotten one for free.

Dude. The small amount of wiring on the eBay controllers is impossible to screw up. And you can't beat the price. The vast majority of people making them have no experience with electrical work either... it's a learning process, and something this simple is the best place to start.

If you want to make it even cheaper and easier, just get a short extension cord, cut it in half, and use the wiring from there.

There are more than enough people on the eBay temp controller thread willing to walk you through every little step, and you can PM me with any questions if you want.

Back