So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sparging an IIIPA (yes, I meant to put 3 I's) right now and once that is on the kettle I will start sparging my second runnings to make a mild/brown depending upon the gravity.

Just finished the boil of an american style amber. using yeast starter from my american style pale that I am close to perfecting. Don't know what will be brewed next. Probably a Marzen for Octoberfest.

Just finished an all grain American Wheat. SWMBO is not encouraging brewing because of this beer...

Very simple recipe:
5 lb wheat
5 lb 2 row
1 oz Willamette (60 min)
1 oz Cascade (10 min)
US-05

I highly recommend this to anyone wanting a good summer session beer.

Just finished kegging and dryhopping a CDA. Nugget, Centennial and Amarillo. It tastes absolutely delicious. Lots of roast characteristics(which is what I really wanted) from the 1lb of de-bittered black and actually the nugget contributes a great spicy floralness that seems to really compliment the roast as well. Can't wait to start tapping this!

The APA I brewed yesterday is fermenting happily, with a ton of foam in the blow-off tube!

Today's brewery music has gone from Stevie Ray Vaghaun, to Eric Clapton & BB King, to Johnny Cash. Wonderful day!

I did not fire up any burners this weekend - but I did bottle three batches, and racked a blonde over onto some Apricot puree....

I got my stuff yesterday...going to work on a Arrogant Bastard Clone. Mmmm...chinook!

I will be bottling what I have in my secondary tomorrow and brewing the Arrogant on Thursday.

This weekend I began brewing my spicy ginger pear wit. Its my first foray into two stage fermentations, and using fruit. So far everything went well, except that the color isn't quite where I had hoped it would be. One final concern is that the thing may turn into a spice bomb (didn't use a lot of any particular spice, however I'm worried that my using a bunch of spices will turn out badly). I guess I'll find out in a month when I transfer over to secondary with the fruit :)

I brewed a bier de garde, but that wasn't enough for me, so on Thursday I put 2 pounds of the grain bill in a 2 gallon cooler with some 165 degree water and let it sit until Sunday when I brewed the actual beer. I about fell over when I opened the little cooler from the smell of beer bugs, smelled sour to me. We shall see what happens. :drunk:

I brewed a bier de garde, but that wasn't enough for me, so on Thursday I put 2 pounds of the grain bill in a 2 gallon cooler with some 165 degree water and let it sit until Sunday when I brewed the actual beer. I about fell over when I opened the little cooler from the smell of beer bugs, smelled sour to me. We shall see what happens. :drunk:

Wouldn't mind following this post, but it will get lost here. Mind starting a thread on this possibly in the lambic wild section?

What was procedure? after souring? dumped "sour" mash into kettle, mashed rest of grain? added to wort to kettle, boiled all for 60 min.

recipe would be nice too.

Thanks!

I'm brewing AHS's Fat Tire clone on Sunday or Monday. This is my second go at this recipe but the first all grain version of it.

Just made the starter for it so I'm extremely anxious now. Making a starter is always just a tease. It's just enough brewing to get you wanting more. Maybe I'll start lightly hopping it to make it a little more interesting....

I'll be brewing a vanilla stout. Everyone seemed to really like it a few months ago, so I'm going to keg another up.

It seems every time I post in this thread that I'm brewing during the upcoming weekend life intervenes and I don't get to brew. This is my third test of this theory. Trying to crank out 5 gallons of high gravity breakfast stout and 10 gallons of either honey red or Pilsale...

Brewing my second AG this weekend...this one will be a RyePA...pretty excited about it. Also built a MLT from a 10-gallon cooler since the last time...tried to use a Zapap LT the first time and it got stuck. Didn't want to deal with that again.

Just about ready to bottle my Vanilla Porter this afternoon. Got everything sanitized and covered, so as soon as I boil the priming sugar and vanilla flavoring, into the beer it goes. Then bottling starts. Won't be long now!

NRS

Brewing my OKTOBERFEST! Saturday!
This beer better turn out fantastic, cause i'm making way too big a deal about it.

i hope so! my wife is really busy right now so i have to take care of the kids. got my grains and hops for an esb that i was gonna brew on monday. well have to see when i get a chance. hopefully this weekend. i wanna brew so bad ive got brewballs!:p

Finally gonna brew for the first time this year. Pretty sure I am goin for an IpA of some sort, but that may change when I get to the store.

i hope so! my wife is really busy right now so i have to take care of the kids. got my grains and hops for an esb that i was gonna brew on monday. well have to see when i get a chance. hopefully this weekend. i wanna brew so bad ive got brewballs!:p

LOL, guess what just became my new quote??? HAHAHA

BrewBalls... I LOVE IT!!!

Great big, honking, grainy, brewballs... :D

As long as SWMBO doesn't get out the BC you'll be fine... You just need to sparge a bit and the swelling will go down. :eek: :D

I brewed an arrogant clone yesterday. Here's the recipe that my LHBS and I came up with.

2 cans bries golden light
1/2 lb of caramel 120
1/4 lb caramel 60
1/4 lb caramel 15

1 lb of dextrose
2 oz chinook pellets @ 60 min
1 oz chinook pellets @ 30
1 oz chinook pellets @ 15

1 tsp Irish moss @ 5

Safale S04 for yeast

It's bubbling away right now.

I'm finally going to get my Janet's Brown recipe into the kettle on Saturday afternoon/evening and hope to get a not yet specified batch made as well. I'm debating between: Firestone Walker's Union Jack Clone, a crowd pleaser like a cream ale or something for SWMBO. I just realized that I've never even asked for her opinion as to what to brew, whoops. I took care of that in quick order.

Suggestoins?

Currently kegged: Robust Porter and American Amber
In the primary: 9oz contest IPA
Bottled: my home grown Cascade IPA

Ah... I love perpetual threads.

Brewing this weekend with friends. A plain, good old brown. But I have determined this would be my first kegged batch. Kegeration, here I come.

Back