Regulator fittings question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kvh

Reaction score
My last part (mostly) just came from MicroMatic. I needed a new primary regulator to replace the dinosaur that came attached to my tank. I have a problem though:

The space alloted in the back of the kegerator for a tank/regulator is about an inch too short. I found that I could I could put the regulator on upside down with the ball valve / barbed hose connecction pointing UP and it'll fit, but it doesn't leave room for the hose to actually connect.

In reality, the primary regulator leads to a 3-regulator secondary set up. All of those connections have check/ball valves on them before they go to the kegs.

So my question is: Do I remove the ball/check valve on the primary and put in a 90-degree threaded fitting that's designed to take the pressure, effectively turning the current fitting sideways so everything fits, OR - since I already have check valves long before this connection, could I simply install a 90 degree threaded barb fitting, which I could easily pick up at my local hardware store ? ? ?

Do I need an extra check/ball valve at the primary?

thanks - and happy 4th.
kvh

Back