Storage life

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harriss

Reaction score
im ordering acid blend, yeast nutrient, pectic enz., wine tannin, potassium sorbate, and campden. what is the shelf life on these items? I wanna order larger quantities if they will last for a year or more.

harriss said:
im ordering acid blend, yeast nutrient, pectic enz., wine tannin, potassium sorbate, and campden. what is the shelf life on these items? I wanna order larger quantities if they will last for a year or more.

I would not keep these supplies longer than a year. Buy only enough to last you 6 months or so.

Sorbate is probably only good for 6-8 months. Yeast nutrient, tannins, acid blend is probably good for a couple years. Campden would probably depend on how air tight the container is.

I am not sure on the yeast nutrient or the tannins but the potassium sorbate, Camden tablets and the acid blend has the potential of lasting years as long as you keep it dry. They are salts that do not naturally decay when dry. Source: chemistry minor.

Back