What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saison DuPont....

YUM!!!!

I got a bottle of Saison Dupont from Total Wine, popped it open when a few friends came over for dinner. It was so skunked, it was almost undrinkable. why do people still use green bottles?

Hope yours was better. I could tell there was a good beer in there, but im not likely to try it again.

Deschutes Red Chair IPA

redchair_label.jpg

A bottle of my Honey Pale Ale, which was a Mr. Beer product that I tweaked a bit to try to redeem. It sucks.

2 oz taster of the Hefeweizen I racked to the keg yesterday morning. Outstanding. Perfect balance of banana and clove, with just a touch of spiciness from a late Saaz addition.

:rockin:

I just pulled my first pint of Magic Dog #9. This is a clone of Magic Hat #9. 17 days in keg.

If you are familiar with the beer this has turned out to be a perfect clone. The apricot comes through very nicely. 7.6% ABV not even detectable. I am very happy with this one.

Boulder Flashback Anniversary "India Brown Ale"... Huh. That was interesting.

Bluegrass Brewing Co. Jefferson's Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout... Excellent as always!

Tonight I've had a Hennepin, Troegs' Nugget Nectar, Clipper City Holy Sheets, and am drinking homebrew bourbon porter.

I had Great Divide's Farmhouse Saison yesterday. It's vaulted into the top 10 of my favorite beers. So crisp and clean with a bit of tart fruit throughout. It's amazing, clear, and tasty!

I thought the Longshot Traditional Bock was by far the best of the three. One of the best bocks I've had, actually.

Went to the NoVA beerfest this afternoon, and am drinking a 'my 3 cents' (100 BU, 1.100 OG, and all Centennial hops)

Pretty sure it will be bed after this one.

Sam Adams Longshot Cranberry Wit

Not spectacular, but well made. Citrus and cranberry in the nose. Light, a little sweet, but dries out fairly well. Fruity, almost like the Martinelli's sparkling Apple Cranberry Cider, but as a refreshing beer.

That's not a good condition to have. :)

Right now I've just finished a pint of my Oktoberfest from last year... still quite tasty. Is it good or bad that I still have beer from nearly a year ago?

-Steve

You just reminded me that I have a full batch minus 2 beers of a Dark Strong Belgian. The first two times I sampled it it was just terrible. Tasted like soy sauce mixed with grain alcohol. Its been nine months since I brewed that sucker, 6 months since I've tried it. Maybe I should give one a try.

Sam Adams Longshot Cranberry Wit

Not spectacular, but well made. Citrus and cranberry in the nose. Light, a little sweet, but dries out fairly well. Fruity, almost like the Martinelli's sparkling Apple Cranberry Cider, but as a refreshing beer.

I disown you as a child. You are allowed only to mention that I am your father, but not show that we know each other in public. I tried four times to get through this beer without success and in the end couldn't even have SWMBO suck them down.

That said I just posted about drinking some beer tonight.

photo-776777.jpg
photo-739055.jpg

photo-780334.jpg

and my Honey Pale Ale

photo-774927.jpg

DAMNIT!!! where did u get that Long Shot brew~!! Ive looked everywhere for them?! Can I talk you into buying me some and mailing it?! Ill pay of course.

Latest posts

Back