Can i still bottle this

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdib444

Reaction score
Hey guys so I just began a brewing club at my school and we did our first three brews, an IPA, pale ale, and a chocolate milk stout. Unfortunately I saw a small white film develop after fermentation was complete on the stout so I racked underneathe to secondary. Obviously from the pictures I didn't get all of it out. I see I caught a big but could I still safely bottle underneathe of this?

image-900475673.jpg

image-1978961154.jpg

Bug* sorry. Id like to not disappoint the group members but also don't want bottle bombs. Could I underprime a bit to help prevent them? Thanks for your help!

Looks like it got infected by brett or lacto. If its completely done fermenting and taste good you can bottle. Take SG measurements every few days to see if it changes. If not bottle normally and it should be fine. It ight turn funky or sour in time. Probably drink this one as fast as you can

Back