Authentic German food help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually, after a meal, everybody had a shot of Uzo, or two... or three... :) and basicaly hung out until they decided to leave. A little different from American culture where you feel 'obligated' to make way for the next patron.

That is SO GREAT about eating there, the waitress wouldn't show up at your table pretty much unless you asked her to, and the check? You had to ask for it otherwise it was just assumed you were sitting around enjoying yourself, having some drinks, whatever. You were NEVER rushed to leave like you are here. You weren't bugged every few minutes "is everything ok" like here. At first my wife and kid (100% American and their first trip to Germany) were like "why is the service so bad" but I was like "bad? no this is AWESOME service, no one's bugging me and I don't feel rushed to leave, if I want something I wave her down and ask for it, otherwise we're left here in peace to enjoy our meal!".

What's the name of the place in Munich, I mean Munchen, the big beer hall full of tourists where Hitler carved his name in the table?
Hofbrauhaus? I went to the one in Munich once. Extremely festive atmosphere and a ton of fun. FWIW, there are other, new locations. I went to Hofbrauhaus Las Vegas a few months ago and it was a TON of fun. They really try to emulate the festive atmosphere. Whoda thunk I'd actually sing 99 Luftballoons and enjoy it.

I went to Hofbrauhaus Las Vegas a few months ago and it was a TON of fun. They really try to emulate the festive atmosphere. Whoda thunk I'd actually sing 99 Luftballoons and enjoy it.

Ha, I was there last year, it was the best time we had in Vegas.

A quick update, I ordered all the food for Frühlingsfest, which will be held on April 16th, and 17th. I just bought everything online, it's all pre-cooked just heat and serve. I hope it goes well, i've put a butt load of effort into it.

My beers turned out great! I have a Dopplebock, Maibock, and an Altbier. I will also have a pale ale and a rye ipa, available. I also bought my first pair of lederhosen to get me in the mood.

If the weather holds out, it's going to be awesome. Thanks for all the ideas and recipes!:mug: pics to follow the blowout!

DSCN2536.jpg

When and were? And what would be the closest airport to fly into?

What company did you use to order the supplies?

Great job, btw! I am from Munich and the list looks as authentic as it gets!

Oh, and I am not kidding about flying in, either!!! :mug:

The knackwurst isn't pre-cooked. Should I beer cook it, I have a dopplebock, maibock, german ale, and a flowery pale ale. Or just skip it and cook in plain water?

3 hours and counting until Fruhlingsfest begins.:mug:

I suggest poking a few holes in them with forks, let them soak in one of the beers (I would go with the maibock or german ale) for the next hour, and then grille them over low heat (either gas or coals). I do mine this way and they turn out great.

I suggest poking a few holes in them with forks, let them soak in one of the beers (I would go with the maibock or german ale) for the next hour, and then grille them over low heat (either gas or coals). I do mine this way and they turn out great.

Aren't they supposed to be boiled first? Directions say to boil water or beer then put sausage in let simmer 8 minutes then grille. Is that right? all the other brats are pre-cooked so they just need to be heated up on the grille.

Just an update, the food was awesome! Brats were awesome so was the schnitzel. If I had a complaint, the German potato salad was to sweet. The Bavarian was perfect. No regrets ordering from that company.

My stupid camera decided to quit, so I didn't get any food pics, except for this pretzel pic, you do see the pretzel? Thanks for all the help, this is going to turn into an annual event.:mug:

RandomPictures011.jpg

Latest posts

Back