2013 Surly Darkness bottle exploded!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrdauber64

Reaction score
Hi, I bought a bomber of 2013 Surly Darkness for $28 in late October. Today while playing with my son I heard a loud bang in my beer cellar when I went down there I found my expensive bottle in pieces. I was able to save the bottom 10 oz and drink it while avoiding glass chunks! It was very good, perfect temp to drink it (55ish)!

Anyway, to my question. Should I contact the brewery and let them know? Should I expect anything in return since it was such an expensive bottle?

Thanks for your input!

I'd make a big deal out of it. Someone could have been injured.

Get this guy to give them a call. Maybe you'll get free beer for life. :D

th.jpg

Just a follow-up on this. I contacted the Surly and they are going to replace the bottle and give me some SWAG! They said they would give me a T-Shirt and a onesie for my son(16 months). I'm more than happy with that especially since I was able to drink 10 oz. of other other bottle after it exploded and nobody was hurt.

If anybody hasn't had Surly it is a great beer with great people running the place. Class act brewery! :mug:

Back