new to kegging... very stupid question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BmillaTheBrewzilla

Reaction score
Hey everyone-

A couple weeks ago I kegged my first batch of beer after bottling for a long time. I have my keg in a kegerator, but I'm not running the beer out through a draft tower or anything like that. It is just being dispensed through the beer line out through a plastic faucet. It is the set-up that came from Northern Brewer.

My question is... do you leave the beer line full of beer all the time? After I'm done pouring into a glass, there is beer filling the line from the keg up to the dispensing plastic faucet thing. I imagine this is normal... but I also wonder if it takes a couple months to get through a keg (hypothetically of course :)) then the beer might start to get a little funky? Does everyone pretty much leave the line as it is until a keg is kicked?

as long as its refrigerated then it'll be fine.. not much different sitting in the line than sitting in the keg.. each time you pour a beer that beer in the line is replaced with new beer so the same beer is never sitting in the line for any considerable length of time..

Back