Beer Style question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nil

Reaction score
I formulated a beer that is 50%:50% 2-row and 6-row with different sources of starches. Which style this beer be?

Thanks, Nil :mug:

Something really plain by the looks of it. I'm sure it's because I'm a couple drinks in already but what do you mean by different sources of starches? 2 row and 6 row are both barley so it's not really a different starch. Did you use adjuncts? What kind of yeast and hops did you use? What IBU?

Yeast: Nottingham
Hops: Cascade
IBU: 17.2
Sources of starch: rice (different types), corn.

I dont know U tell me...:D

I have been like a "freelance" beer maker. I really dont care about the styles as the extend that it taste good.

This one tastes sooooo good that I would like to take it to the Cleveland Beer Fest next year. For this, I have to use a reference a style.

I dont have a single clue. Any help will be appreciated.

I dont know U tell me...:D

I have been like a "freelance" beer maker. I really dont care about the styles as the extend that it taste good.

This one tastes sooooo good that I would like to take it to the Cleveland Beer Fest next year. For this, I have to use a reference a style.

I dont have a single clue. Any help will be appreciated.

I would suggest going to the BJCP website and reading the descriptions. Without knowing the Gravities, what you have described to me sounds like a cream ale.

Agreed. By the ingredients it sounds like a cream ale but I would go to the bjcp website, look up the style while tasting it to see if it tastes like a cream ale because obviously I can't tell you what it tastes like.

Back