Need help with yeast and no bubbles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOPCousin

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have recently brewed up a batch of IPA and used northeast Ale yeast dry from the package heated in 90 degree water for 15 mntues and then stirred it up well and added to the fermenter and airated it. No bubbles for 48 hours so I repitched same type of yeast and now again no bubbles. Any thoughts? It's been going on 6 days. Should I repitch another brand? I can open the fermenter and take a pic if it would help.

Take a gravity sample. Most likely it did ferment and you just didn't see anything. Airlocks dont mean ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!! It sounds like you are fermenting in a plastic bucket. The lid was probably not on tight enough, allowing the CO2 from the ferment to escape there, not out the airlock. It happens all the time.

I wrote down the original gravity. I'll compare the two. I heard from the brew shop the same idea around the bucket.

Back