I grew a beard...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jerrodm said:
OK this isn't my beard (I am one of those unfortunates who can't really grow one...pity me), but my buddy just posted a beard update and I couldn't not post it here, it's so beautiful.

Now tell me: is there any good excuse for why this guy isn't a homebrewer? I think not.

That is a great beard. He would make superb beer!!

Daywalker!!!!

I can't count the amount of fist fights I got into on the playground from all the red head jokes. I've never heard that one before, well played sir. :)

On topic I grew an epic beard late summer/early fall. I had a new position interview a few weeks ago and shaved it :( I didn't get the job so I'm on week 2 of the new viking beard!

+5 Stamina
+5 Strength
+5 Intellect

Stamina for drinking beer, Strength for lifting grain and full fermenters, and intellect is a given..

So here is what I have going. I need to go back through my phone and Facebook to see if I can nail it down to a week of origin. The current plan involves no trimming until after a race at the end of March. It looks like I started letting it go around the end of September from what the second pic looks like.

image-534559793.jpg

image-3554404890.jpg

I've been growing mine for about 10 months now. I'm honestly a little surprised that my 8 month old son hasn't ripped it all off my face yet.

image-487064188.jpg

bwirthlin said:
I've been growing mine for about 10 months now. I'm honestly a little surprised that my 8 month old son hasn't ripped it all off my face yet.

Aaaaahhhh! Neckbeard!

I trimmed my beard into a goatee because it was patchy and not filling in evenly. I went out to check on a keg of IPA that I kegged on Monday night. The keg had a leak somewhere and I lost a full 20 lb bottle of CO2. Lesson learned, offend the Beer Gods at your own peril.

Mb2658 said:
I trimmed my beard into a goatee because it was patchy and not filling in evenly. I went out to check on a keg of IPA that I kegged on Monday night. The keg had a leak somewhere and I lost a full 20 lb bottle of CO2. Lesson learned, offend the Beer Gods at your own peril.

You gotta wait it out. It will get fuller.

short goatee, i was bottling. long goatee, i was kegging. shaved so my long hair and goatee didn't look bad, i developed a co2 leak. got a haircut and grew my beard again, co2 leak stopped. coincidence? i think not

DrunkleJon said:
Though I can imagine it would probably bind up rather nastily in your mill. Not to mention having to hose it out after milling him. How would that mash go?

A hair net might have to be worn, but it could upset the beer gods! :)

The beard helps brewing for two reasons:

A beard really helps in beer clarity. Filters as you take each sip.

A beard acts as a randalizer, adding flavors to each sip.

Eff, I cut my hair this morning and looked too ridiculous for even my standards, decided I needed a trim. Is my beer ruined?

Not necessarily. Though the rish of infection is much higher. I forsee a "Does this look infected?" thread being created soon by you. Hopefully, it is a beer related thread...

Technically a daywalker is a redhead who can go out in the sun. Most of us pretty much burst into flames upon contact with sunlight. So a redhead in the sun is an anomoly. It a slightly veiled vampire reference. It's actually pretty funny.

I am a true daywalker. I'm a redhead but I have brown eyes and not blindingly pale skin. I can bask in the sun and not come out anymore worse for the wear than any normal person....though my eyes seem to be more sensitive. I have also been forbidden to shave my beard or even trim it with anything shorter than a #3 guard by SWMBO. I'm trying to convince her to let me grow it out to a Duck Dynasty beard, but she's not having it. Plan B is to grow out the hair around my chin to the point where I can braid it. That way I'd have at least 3/4 of my beard clean/trimmed.

Dawalker here as well. Ginger with too many freckles to count (I have been busy collecting souls you know) and I can get a tan with a little work, and never use anything above 15 spf.

Wow... this thread is like announcing the existence of an underground ginger army right here on homebrewtalk...

I am on to you all...

Wow... this thread is like announcing the existence of an underground ginger army right here on homebrewtalk...

I am on to you all...

It makes perfect sense.

We have skin that will burn within minutes at the smallest hint of sunlight.

The beard keeps the skin covered. Trust me if I could walk around looking like 'Cousin It' I'd be thrilled. At least I could go to the beach.

Time for updated man mane pics? Here ya go. I trimmed down the mustache. I was tired of grooming the handlebars and just wanted it out of my mouth again.

image-1567772012.jpg

Back