Homebrew Saturday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCangler17

Reaction score
Doing a BIAB pumpkin spice ale today. Mash in at 7:00 AM EST. who else is brewing today?

Iron Brewer Competition today in SE Michigan. 17 teams (approx 50 brewers) are going head to head. None of us will know what we are brewing until around 10am when the special ingredients that must be used are announced.

Now that's a cool sounding competition. Let us know how it turns out for you.

BigB,
Is there a webpage that is following this with more information?
This sounds like a great event.
Bull

Sounds like a great event!

I'm brewing a Stone IPA clone today. I have a few friends that are interested in learning so I invited them over to watch the process and throw back a few of my homebrews. Thing is I only have 3 extracts under my belt and this is my first all grain! I've been doing so much reading and preparing though that I think I'll be alright. Plus you guys have already helped me with a few questions.

Happy Saturday Brew Day!

I'm brewing a Belgian wit type beer. It's a partial extract with just a whole bunch of leftover ingredients I've had around for a long time! Hope it turns out ok!

Buzzno, how'd your first all grain turn out?

It went great! Thanks for asking. It went quite a bit longer then I anticipated but we had fun. Hit all my gravity levels. It's bubbling away nicely in the fermentor now. I think I'm hooked!

Welcome to the obsession! And congrats on a successful brewday. They are definitely labor intensive, and as you get more and more into it, you can tweak things to make it easier and faster.

I brewed an Obsidian Stout clone and added oatmeal. Fermenting away with a blend of Wyeast 1318 and 1056.

Back