What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, their Punkin is tasty!

I just polished off a bottle of my Spiced Amber. I swear it's better than it was 2 weeks ago! Real crisp, clean and tasty.

Stone 15:

stone15portal.jpg

Cuvée Van De Keizer Blauw / Gouden Carolus Grand Cru Of The Emperor, second glass of the 75cl I bought yesterday :)

Lost Coast Indica? IPA. Pretty good. Tried a 2 week old Bav Hefe thats coming along quite nicely, thank you, as well.

And what's with 4 packs BTW? When did that become OK?

That black Stone beer looks damn good. YUM.

Troegs Scratch #47, the witbier. Probably followed by a Troegenator, because spiced witbiers and doppelbocks go so well together :p

And I had some of that Stone 15 yesterday. Dear christ is it bitter.

A beer from my first batch! Feeling proud

Congrats man.

Sweetwater 420 pale ale for me today. The girl at the checkout counter said I was the only person she has ever seen buy it. It tastes great but that comment made me wonder how long these 12 packs are sitting at the store:rolleyes:

New Belgium La Folie and later some DFH Raison D'Extra. The Raison D'Extra I randomly found in a liquor store next on the way back from 3 Floyds while I was out that way.

I am comparing Sam adams Pumpkin and Dogfish head punkin ale... I really hate to say this but Sam adams hit the nail on the head..... Sorry Dogfish Head your still My favorite but not in the Punkin catagory...... I am sure I will Hear it for saying this but its just my opinion... I sure you all have yours

^^^ Can't disagree more. In fact I see your Sam Adams and raise you another bad beer.

bad98e66.jpg

Surly Bitter kit from NB. Its good. SWMBO even likes it! Its a pretty clean beer, so I'm hopeful that the fact it doesn't taste like crap means that my process is going OK. Think its my sixth brew...

Switched to water... dropping off SWMBO and her friend at the movies. I'll come home and indulge more in a few mins.

Awesome barley-wine I brewed on thanksgiving last year. I brewed it in preparation of my brothers birthday in October this year. He was on probation for some inappropriate herbal supplies found in his car, so the brew is name "Stay out of Jail Ale."

Finished my bottle of bump in the night, and now just cracked a bottle of Dogfish Punkin.

founders breakfast stout. first time i've had it, really good stuff

dano: if you like the breakfast stout, try to get your hands on a bottle of KBS or the Canadian Breakfast Stout (they recently announced they'll start bottling it). they're fantastic.

Never had the dogfish pumpkin or any pumpkin beer for that matter.

Currently sipping and taking notes on my Belguim Dark Strong, getting ready to re-brew it for the "winter" months.

Cheers everyone!!!

drinking an ipa that was a friend's favorite. he was killed in a car wreck a few weeks ago. brewed that recipe the next day, and this is it

Congrats man.

Sweetwater 420 pale ale for me today. The girl at the checkout counter said I was the only person she has ever seen buy it. It tastes great but that comment made me wonder how long these 12 packs are sitting at the store:rolleyes:

LOL.. Here in Atlanta it sells fast but wait its made here. Try the Sweet water IPA its awsome hopness

Never had the dogfish pumpkin or any pumpkin beer for that matter.

Currently sipping and taking notes on my Belguim Dark Strong, getting ready to re-brew it for the "winter" months.

Cheers everyone!!!

You my friend are doing yourself an injustice!! Got out ASAP and buy Dogfish Punkin so you can taste perfection (for a pumpkin beer) and then try others. I recommend Post Road by Brooklyn Brewery as well.

dano: if you like the breakfast stout, try to get your hands on a bottle of KBS or the Canadian Breakfast Stout (they recently announced they'll start bottling it). they're fantastic.

good to know! thanks Hokie. I knew there were variations on it, but wasn't sure exactly what they were. I"ll be on the lookout.

Never had the dogfish pumpkin or any pumpkin beer for that matter. !

I've had probably a dozen different pumpkin beers, including Punkin, and didn't like any of them, so from my prospective you aren't missing much. but one of my good friends loves them, so to each their own!:fro:

Back