Potosi Brewing WI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3PegBrew

Reaction score
PotosiGeneralBeer.jpg

This beer is their Miller version of beer I guess. I didn't know it when I bought it. I should have known when it said "Beer"

Gross....as my old man once said, "it's piss water!":cross:

I have the IPA in my kitchen. It was the "Beer" that is below par. Then again, maybe they crafted a beer for the simple man who enjoys a bud light?

I'm sure their other stuff is good. I love IPAs and am saving it for this weekend when I can relax and enjoy beer all night long without having to worry about work in the morning :ban:

First off, Potosi does have a pretty good back story. Check out their website http://www.potosibrewery.com. There is a lot of history with the old brewery and how the new owners are using that to establish their new brand.

I recently tried a few of their brew...I must say, I was not all that impressed. Like others have said, if they are targeting the Miller and Bud drinkers (which some craft brewers are going for these days i.e. Liftbridge) then they have a pretty presentable product. If they are going for the hard core craft beer drinkers I would say they are off the mark.

I had a conversation with Liftbridge Brewings owner Steve Rinker not too long ago and he described their business plan as targeting those BMC drinkers that want to get into craft beers. They are trying to sell to a much larger demographic but still keep the craft brew label. Now that they have established themselves in making some fine sessionable beers they are branching out to more complex different brews.

Not a bad plan, just a different business approach to the craft beer market. I think

Back